Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is a thread exactly like this, but i am trying to get a more specific answer. im hearing that ebay exhausts work just as well as name brand. What about an aeon N1 style exhaust for a 92 integra GS-R? anybody have results for that car, or with that exhaust in general?

Reactions: Darkness

· Registered
1,426 Posts
how much is it? if your not saving that much i would go with namebrand most of the generic shit i have bought in the past wasnt worth a shit. im not saying that the "ebay" muffler you buy wont last, but im a stickler for name brand. just my opinion.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
usually the ebay shit wont line up right and the flanges are not drilled right. uve been warned. you can usually pick up a apexi cat back for about 350
umm actually i've never had a problem with alignment of ebay exhaust. i've had 3 different exhausts on 3 different cars. a cavalier, teg, and my current 240. not one issue

· Registered
2,806 Posts
It's usually hit or miss on these things. Exhaust is pretty straight forward and even on name-brand stuff you have to modify them a touch. That is why they tell you to have a pro do the work. Now on the eBay header, a lot of the cheaper ones really don't line up right. They are a lot easier to mess up than the catback...

On the catbacks, what your paying for with name-brand is the R&D, the sound, and longevity of the exhaust....

· Registered
110 Posts
honestly an ebay exhaust is a good way to cut down on build costs. what are they like 150 plus shipping for a nice one! id rather pay that and maybe have to re-weld a flang then to pay for a name brand. my buddy bought an HKS full cat back for like 500 and it wasnt even stainless. just my opinion, i know a couple people who rock e-bay exhausts who have had them for a couple years, and if you wipe the dirt off its just as shinny as the day they bought it.

Reactions: Darkness

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
honestly an ebay exhaust is a good way to cut down on build costs. what are they like 150 plus shipping for a nice one! id rather pay that and maybe have to re-weld a flang then to pay for a name brand. my buddy bought an HKS full cat back for like 500 and it wasnt even stainless. just my opinion, i know a couple people who rock e-bay exhausts who have had them for a couple years, and if you wipe the dirt off its just as shinny as the day they bought it.
funny you mention that jt. i just pressure washed my car yesterday. blew off all the the debris and shit and i never thought my exhaust would look so shiny. even did inside the muffler. that mofo was dirty as fuck. but anyway i've had my exhaust for nearly two years. the only reason i'm considering another one is because they left debris from construction on the pa turnpike and some of it hit my muffler when i was doing 75 mph and i have a slight exhaust leak now in the muffler, shit held up pretty well. so i'm gonna spend about 180 shipped for another stainless steel exhaust from ebay and sell mine for like 60 bucks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.