Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased a new ebrake cover. I am trying to get the old one off but it won't come off. I started using a saw to saw a side off and see if it will fall off but it didn't work as planned. What should i do?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Im not 100 percent sure but if your talking about a console with a slot for the ebrake there will be screws you need to remove on either side of the console. 2 on either side and then theres usualy a couple on the console top under the folding armrest. hope that helps!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Bigjhstyle said:
I have purchased a new ebrake cover. I am trying to get the old one off but it won't come off. I started using a saw to saw a side off and see if it will fall off but it didn't work as planned. What should i do?
If you are talking about a new e-brake handle cover.... the most easy way to remove the old one is to remove the assembly from the car, put it in a vise and gently tap the old handle cover off. Eventually it will slide off. That is how I did mine...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Get some Vise grips or channel locks and twist and pull at the same time, seemed to work good for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts