Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on building a turbo crx with a d16z6 using the greddy kit.I want to know if it will be woth getting a side mount inter cooler from a 2gen. gs-t eclipse.is it good as a front mount I will probably push 10-12 psi. Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
h22apower said:
I plan on building a turbo crx with a d16z6 using the greddy kit.I want to know if it will be woth getting a side mount inter cooler from a 2gen. gs-t eclipse.is it good as a front mount I will probably push 10-12 psi. Thanks
No its not anywhere near as good as a Front mount intercooler. One of the DSM'ers first big mods is usually replacing it. I think they run somewhere like 5-8psi stock. I did a bunch of research on them awhile back cause I wanted a gs-t but decided to just keep my car.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could get it pretty cheap and it should give me a good gain of horse power.I want to know if it will hold 10-12 psi. because by the time I'm ready to build my internals I will have a better job.Money is why I'm even thinking about the side mount intercooler.And as you said it is a popular upgrade, that makes it even more available.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
it will surely hold 10-12 psi, but on a t-25... if you have a bigger turbo in mind and really want a SMIC... (Side mount intercooler)... try looking at MKIV supra sidemounts... they are a bit bigger and support more airflow... good luck

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about the old conquest tsi's they are front mount but could I find one around for a good price?I could get the eclipse side mount from my friend cheap but i'm just collecting parts right know so I will probably wait and find a conquest frontmount. I think its better not realy sure? Do you think it is even comparable to a greddy fmic for the 92-95 ex civic?

·
Registered
347 Posts
I had a Eclipse side mount an my '95 coupe and it worked well. Then i got the conquest front mount and noticed a big difference in temp on the charge pipe. I even thought about running both at one time, but sold the side mount. If you want more boost, go with the bigger intercooler.

·
Registered
190 Posts
the starion/conquest is a perfect intercooler...i heard that it is good for about 300 hp but not sure...i'm looking for one but they are overprice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts