Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing my normal drive home from work tonight, and on my way this eclipse pull's up beside me as we roll at about 35mph. He kicks it down and try's to pull away, as I struggle for 2nd gear, then I pull up to him and the passenger looks at me, smiles then throw's his head up as if to say "whass up". The next light, (on a three lane) he moves from the middle lane to the far left, as if to make room for me in the middle to race him, so, wanting a little fun, i pull up next to him. As the light begins to end i rev my engine, and the passenger looks over and gives me a "whass up" nodd again, and when the purpendicular light turned red, (therefor mine turned green) I droped it into 1st at about 3500rpm, and did a slight skweel before jumping ahead. While in the other lane the eclipse slightly chirps and moves as if trying desperately to beat this "old civic". Meanwhile I throw it into 2nd and go into the far right lane to go home as he tries to catch up even after I let off the throttle and brake to about 30:sleep: ! I looked up the specs, on his eclipse rs and its got a nice 140 base hp, but they just suck!!!

· Registered
471 Posts
ah yes the eclipse rs. i have raced a few of these around town in my gsr, waste of gas. However I do not think that all eclipses suck, I am a very large fan of the GSX or the brand new GT when done up correctly.

· Registered
495 Posts
The new GT's are not that fast either. Try racing an auto GST. If you can smoke an RS you should be able to hang with one of those for a while. Just out of curiousity, what kind of motor is in your car? The HP looks like a B16s but the TQ is confusing me....

· Registered
1,449 Posts
about 2 months after I got my car I ran into the first guy I would race. He was in like a early 90's Laser Turbo. I have no idea what the horses are in this thing but i had a feeling it couldn't be too much. So we lined up at the lights....rev the engine give the nodd you know, all the tell tale signs. I really never raced my car before and so i dumped the clutch at the lights at about 5500 rpm and just smoked em for a while.. he pulled ahead a little bit will I was burnin' out. But not for long....2nd gear I was already up to him closin'...3rd gear half a car length....then by 4th gear he was pretty far behind....

ahhh good memories.......

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am a newbie for racing eclipse's...

But i guess they are relatively slow anyway! This was the first one i raced and makes me skeptical on weather i should race another one in the future if i ever get a chance! It was pathetic to say the least!:rolleyes:

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice pic :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.