Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says I'm about to turbo my 2001 s2k and was wondering what options i have to tune it? I know I can use a k-pro or AEM standalone but both are expensive and I'm only going to run 8pds of boost at first, so I curious if there's any other cheaper ways to run the turbo for now. Right now all I have is a apex VAFC without wideband hooked up.

any advice would be helpful but please only people who actually know what there talking about. thanks

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea I plan on getting an AEM standalone when I build and go 25pds I was just looking for a cheaper route at 8pds but I couldnt find a safe one so I figured no harm in asking around. I in no way want to just bullshit'n this together. Cars gonna run 50trim t3/t4 with a custom built tubular log manifold, rc 650 injectors, walbro 255, threadstone front mount with 3in piping using a custom v mount i built, tial 38mm wg and xs bov. Have everything just need ecu upgrade now

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got the turbo brand new for 150 which is why I chose it but I'm going to change it later. With the motor fully built and running 8.5 to 1 compression, skunk stage 2 cams, and aem standalone, what turbo would be good if i wanted to pull 25+ pds??? gt35r?

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
got the turbo brand new for 150 which is why I chose it but I'm going to change it later. With the motor fully built and running 8.5 to 1 compression, skunk stage 2 cams, and aem standalone, what turbo would be good if i wanted to pull 25+ pds??? gt35r?
25pds? how does that relate to hp? and a gt35r is too big for that tiny little motor. go with a 30r dual bearing or a hks 3037s, or a tdo6 20g

· Registered
588 Posts
K-pro. Better tunability over the AEM from what I've heard, and you can program other components that came with the stock unit back in. Was going to put that into my S/C kit build, but ended up going a different route all togeather with that car.

Personally, I've never looked into turbos, but IF it were my car, I'd go with something small and very quick-spooling. The motor is laggy as it is stock in the low end. You don't want to kill it any further by adding turbo lag to the lower RPM band. By the time you're spooled, you're trying to keep a rampaging rhino in check. 25 psi sounds awfully excessive unless you're trying to build a drag car, in which case, I'd question why you want it in the S2k to start out with. If you're building a track car, then again, go with a small, fast-spooling turbo. A big one will keep you loosing time out of the turns.

Oh, yeah, and one more thing already touched upon by other posts, don't be cheap, or you're gonna wreck the engine or it won't work right. Do reserch, spend the cash on the right parts, get a GOOD TUNE and you'll be all set. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.