Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is ecu and what does resetting it do and how do u do it? also what will replacing the sparkplugs do? i heard its supposed to give u like 1-4 hp or something. also how much are spark plugs usually?

·
Registered
233 Posts
The ECU is pretty much the brain of your car. It controlls the engine performance by a preset fuel map. Most ECU's now a days can learn a new map up to a certain point. If you have done soem mods, you should always reset your ECU by disconnecting the negative battery terminal. Especially if you do an intake.
As for plugs, there not a huge amount to gain. You will gain back lost HP if anything. Get the Denso iridiums. Those seem to be very good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Funny thing about plugs.. we had a guy in last week with a 96+ car. Had lots of bolt-ons with Bosch Plat +4 plugs. After doing everything else for tuning, we installed a new set of NGK plugs (stock), and his car made 4 more hp. His Bosch plugs were still in good shape.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bosch +4 suck ass for civic's...:mad: I bought some for my 92 civic, and it just wasted more gas, also adding some hp loss, after that they fouled out in about three weeks of use.
I usally get the NGK V-power or the lazer cut those seem to work well and last a good time for my little D15b7.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.