Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ECU tuning??

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  crdcz03 
#1 ·
Hey for all you pros out there just not sure about all the OBD stuff and new harnesses and the skunk 2 harness stuff im hearing. I got a 2001 SH and i looked here to see what people do for ECU upgrades and i hear about all this complicated stuff. I thought you could just buy those chips and stuff off of ebay? What are those anyways? Basically i would like to upgrade the ECU so i make more torque and HP. Whats the ebst way and easiest way for someone like myself to go abouts doing this. Ive heard of companies who tune the chips for you and ive also seen stuff on ebay that seem really cheap, they all calim to increase horsepower and torque. So besides actually plugging my ecu into a laptop and doing all the custamizing myself, is there something relatively simple that i can do to get more performance from the ECU. Because they say that this is the cheapest way for the most horsepower gains. Any info you lads and lasses have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

#6 ·
DEFENATELY take a look at pgmfi.org and get your shit straight, dont buy ecu stuff off ebay (some things are awesome from ebay just have to watch what your getting), then take a look at www.phearable.net and order up an ecu. a replacement ecu (no down time) chipped and socketed with new basemaps, 2 stage launch control rev limiter, altered vtec engagement, check engine light shift light (all set to how you want it to) for under $200 is nothing to sneeze at. plus john is awesome with questions and email responses, and is more then helpful. verry fast shipping...cant tell you enough how amazing he is to deal with. i just recently got one, and alot more people on here have gone through him as well. awesome product. chel it out man, youll be happy

#7 ·
johnlude85 said:
DEFENATELY take a look at pgmfi.org and get your shit straight, dont buy ecu stuff off ebay (some things are awesome from ebay just have to watch what your getting), then take a look at www.phearable.net and order up an ecu. a replacement ecu (no down time) chipped and socketed with new basemaps, 2 stage launch control rev limiter, altered vtec engagement, check engine light shift light (all set to how you want it to) for under $200 is nothing to sneeze at. plus john is awesome with questions and email responses, and is more then helpful. verry fast shipping...cant tell you enough how amazing he is to deal with. i just recently got one, and alot more people on here have gone through him as well. awesome product. chel it out man, youll be happy
hehe..i do all that for way under that cost, i only charge 140, and i guarantee my tunings..or i'll retune it for free with no charge..i also including
CEL shift light, A/c cut off, full throttle launch, and many more.

#8 ·
9400rpms said:
hehe..i do all that for way under that cost, i only charge 140, and i guarantee my tunings..or i'll retune it for free with no charge..i also including
CEL shift light, A/c cut off, full throttle launch, and many more.
oOOhhh??? pm me with some details. i might know someone who is intersted....i forgot, phearable deos the full throttle ac cut too. but yeah, either pm me or post it up on here, that would be hijacking though. :lol2

#9 ·
01SHPearl said:
Hey for all you pros out there just not sure about all the OBD stuff and new harnesses and the skunk 2 harness stuff im hearing. I got a 2001 SH and i looked here to see what people do for ECU upgrades and i hear about all this complicated stuff. I thought you could just buy those chips and stuff off of ebay? What are those anyways? Basically i would like to upgrade the ECU so i make more torque and HP. Whats the ebst way and easiest way for someone like myself to go abouts doing this. Ive heard of companies who tune the chips for you and ive also seen stuff on ebay that seem really cheap, they all calim to increase horsepower and torque. So besides actually plugging my ecu into a laptop and doing all the custamizing myself, is there something relatively simple that i can do to get more performance from the ECU. Because they say that this is the cheapest way for the most horsepower gains. Any info you lads and lasses have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
ill help out some for yeah:

you wanna convert your car to obd 1. your car is obd2. OBD2 is a l"earing" computer...no good for us tunners. thats why people go with obd1. it doesnt "learn". So if u wanna adjust your fuel curve to make power...then u can with out have the computer "learn:, an adjust it back to facorty settings.

also the shit on eby like the chips...are junk.there not car specific. you want something tunned for you car. theres alot the plays a factor when tunning.

just some info u might want to know. good luck.

#10 ·
johnlude85 said:
oOOhhh??? pm me with some details. i might know someone who is intersted....i forgot, phearable deos the full throttle ac cut too. but yeah, either pm me or post it up on here, that would be hijacking though. :lol2
read my posting in Real tuning under ecu and stuff, i have a cell i'd be glad to discuess business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.