Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am planning on upgrading the ecu in my 02 type-r? i am looking at the s200 hondata is this a good choise and is this a total raplacement ecu?

·
Registered
496 Posts
I would contact hondata or a hondata dealer and talk to them and see what they suggest. You might be able to do an OBD-2b to OBD-1 conversion and run a P28 ecu with the S200 system, I'm not sure though.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Are you sure the K-series are beyond OBD-2b? I know there are products on the market that work only with OBD-2 vehicles and I've seen those products advertised on RSXs. I could be wrong here, I don't know. But wouldn't it be called OBD-3?

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
I read up a bit...the emissions programming may in fact still be OBD2, but the entire design of the ECU is different. The ecu MUST be removed and sent to Hondata for initial programming. There is an immobilizer unit that is linked to the ecu, you have to sent the ecu, that unit, and a key to them so they can flash the program in. I don't know if they even need to install a chip in there, it has a re-flashable ecu but needs to be done on their special equipment.
www.hondata.com will explain it to you better than me...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts