Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever looked into getting the Victor X manifold? It i supposedly designed for turbo and N/A setups. It weighs 7.5 pounds less than the stock one and it has extra ports for additional and larger fuel injecotors. It also accept larger throttle bodies, which I would eventually like to upgrade. It looks beautiful when polished and must cost a pretty penny. They said on a turbo charged GSR with 450 horses, they gained 28 horses at peak and a maximum of 41 horses, whatever that means. I am sure I would not see those drastic gains, because I will not have 450 horses and I am sure they went from stock to this one. But, if i have the Greddy turbo plus this, should amount for 15 horses or so to the wheels?? Anyone know where I can see some dynos on this?? Anybody know what it goes for or know someone who has it? What you guys think about Edelbrock? I think they make a good product, although relatively new to the import scene.

· Registered
284 Posts
Jeff, the Edelbrock IM is optimized for maximum power from 7,000 to 10,000 RPM plus.. These IM work really well on HIGHLY modified motors. Probably also good to match it with a 65mm Edelbrock throttle body.

· Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would get the 65mm throttle body as well. I think that rpm range might be too high! My ca is not gonna be a S2000 all motor car with a redline of 10,000. It'll be a turbo Si with a 8,200 rpm. Hmmm

· Registered
1,170 Posts
how's it compare to the skunk2 IM?

· Registered
104 Posts
DAFeLUNG said:
how's it compare to the skunk2 IM?
I heard that the JDM type R Inake manifold works the best. The local shop that i go to quoted me $300 for either the Jdm or a Skunk (IM). He says that the JDM (IM) will work better though.

:fire1:

I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time and for those 15.5 seconds or less im Free..

· Registered
1,170 Posts
that shop that told you that...they're pretty dumb. I've seen people switch from a ITR IM to a skunk2, and have picked up even more power. Plus the skunk2 and edlebrock weight about 7 pounds less than the ITR. Decent weight savings

· Registered
284 Posts
I agree with Dafelung, except about the dumb part. The Skunk2 IM is very similar to the ITR IM, but flows better. It has short runners (like the ITR IM) and a larger plenum. I would go with the Skunk2 IM, direct bolt-on no modifying needed. Good luck.

· Registered
370 Posts
1Fast99Si said:
I would get the 65mm throttle body as well. I think that rpm range might be too high! My ca is not gonna be a S2000 all motor car with a redline of 10,000. It'll be a turbo Si with a 8,200 rpm. Hmmm
those rpm figures might be valid if you're talking n/a, but for a forced induction motor, you'd see gains as soon as the boost pressure got up past 10psi.

turbos like short fat runners.

· Registered
84 Posts
300 for the skunk2 is a decent price. 300 for the ITR mani is a ripoff, u should b able to find it for 220. i wouldnt buy the skunk2 mani for the fact that it may weigh less than the ITR but the quality of the piece is not near OEM quality of the ITR. JG just plain sux. huge "claims" not near the gains.

· Registered
1,170 Posts
i would say, both the JG and skunk2 are better than the ITR. Even if the ITR flows as good as either of them, it still weighs about 8 pds more. An 8 pd weight savings is always good

· Registered
691 Posts
MR2KSi said:
I agree with Dafelung, except about the dumb part. The Skunk2 IM is very similar to the ITR IM, but flows better. It has short runners (like the ITR IM) and a larger plenum. I would go with the Skunk2 IM, direct bolt-on no modifying needed. Good luck.
Are you sure no modifying? I've heard great things about the Skunk2 IM but also heard that a little modifying is required to get the injectors to fit correctly.

· Registered
1,170 Posts
i'm pretty sure there's no modifying needed. But PM skunk2integra, he works for skunk2 so he should know

· Registered
66 Posts
the skunk2 manifold is an excellent peice, i had that and a 70mm spoon tb on my 2000 mr si (RIP), i believe it was a nice combe, i also had the manifold bored out to the same size as the spoon tb. no fitment problems installing it, everything went on nice, for a b16, you can pick up the manifold for about 275.

· Registered
46 Posts
mind you the only problem with the Spoon 70 mm throttle body is that your standard Si/SiR AEM intake (which most of us have) will not fit with the AEM attachment (the rubber thingy :D) .... so you'll have to go to a home depot or wherever to find one which matches up to the different size pipings .....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.