Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edelbrock Vs. Turbonetics Vs. Sugestions?

Hey want to start of with saying this is a great site and has helped me learn so much.

ok so in about 5 or six weeks Ill be geting my car(woho :clap ) I think ill be geting a Civic ex(d16y8). I would realy like to tune it and Next year ill have acces to a full auto shop and all of its tools and lifts. soon after I get the car ill have a job and start putting together as much money as I can for my car. I have done my research( read the site in the sticky). SO then I went on the web and started looking for a good kit for about 3000ish I came accros the edelbrock

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/sport_compact/index.html seems very nice and puts out good power at 6-7psi

and the Turbonetics http://www.turboneticsinc.com/tsystems.html

they both seem like good kits and complete but I was wondering If anyone has had any experience with these kits and if anything ele needs to be purchased to make the kit truly full please tell me. If you know of anything thats beeter in reliability for same price please say so. Ill be using this car as a daily driver and then a weekend warrior on twisty roads and the circuits maby even drag so Im looking for a well rounded kit like these two.

Thx in advanced

-Dan

·
Registered
38 Posts
speedjunky04 said:
ok 25 views no posts cool............
if your gonna go with low boost on your stock d series, either one of those kits would suit your needs... the edelbrock kit has gotten good reviews, and edelbrock always puts out a quality product, the turbonetics would suit you fine too, its your preference

·
Registered
38 Posts
speedjunky04 said:
sould I also get low compression pistons and better rods with the kit or should I do that later and then up the boost
it really depends what your goals are... if you have the money to spend, and want more power then get the pistons, rods, head studs, the whole nine yards, its really about how much $ you wanna spend and what you wanna do with the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you are going to set high goals, do a motor swap first. Like a B16, B18, or B20 w/B16 VTEC head. Then save up to build and turbo that motor. JMO. Will be well worth the wait.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.