Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
No, it would be a waste to put the better speakers in the rear, if you really must put speakers in the rear, just pop in some coaxial not a set of $250 speaker. You should put the best speaker you have in the front because it is closer to your ear.

I wouldnt even waste $125 on rear speakers and installing componets in the rear is too much of a hassle. Where do you plan to put the x over and the tweeters?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SuperAkuma said:
No, it would be a waste to put the better speakers in the rear, if you really must put speakers in the rear, just pop in some coaxial not a set of $250 speaker. You should put the best speaker you have in the front because it is closer to your ear.

I wouldnt even waste $125 on rear speakers and installing componets in the rear is too much of a hassle. Where do you plan to put the x over and the tweeters?
well im guessing that the tweeters r the small round ones so i would put them in the front because i have two spaces on the doors.
I have a 94 civic....where do u think the best place is to put the x over and the tweeters?

Im getting the edi 6000s compenents package which comes with 2 sets and an amp for $412.25 (1 set in the front and 1 in the back) and then an alpine cda9856 head unit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SuperAkuma said:
I am telling you, you are wasting your money with componets in the rear. Just get some nice coaxial for around $50 and call it a day.
ok say im gonna put the edi 6500s in the front what coaxial speakers do u recomend to put in the rear? will i have to buy a different amp to power the rear. Isn't the sound gonna be off?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.