Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VIDEO

Earlier this year, Acura finally fessed up and admitted it's working on an all-new NSX. Other than confirming it will have V10 power, Acura announced few additional details. So we decided to do a little digging, consulting our contacts in Japan and a well-connected designer in Europe. With their help, we were able to put together this exclusive video slide show on the next-generation NSX. It may not be exact, but until the car debuts in a couple of years it's as close as you're going to get.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
can't say i like the styling...it looks just too fat...

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
I really really hope not. And keep it MR PLEASE!!!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Eh? That's weird... How the hell a V10 can even fit on the front or even mid and back of the car? The proportion is very out of line. Oh well... It's just an artist interpretation anyway, for all I know, the NSX is powered by V10 and most likely comes with SH-AWD, other than that I know shit... And surely it will come with Asimo :ninja

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Midi_Amp said:
Eh? That's weird... How the hell a V10 can even fit on the front or even mid and back of the car? The proportion is very out of line. Oh well... It's just an artist interpretation anyway, for all I know, the NSX is powered by V10 and most likely comes with SH-AWD, other than that I know shit... And surely it will come with Asimo :ninja
i dont wanna be a jerk but what the hell was the point of your post?

who said it was going to be mid or rear engine? the video clearly said Honda was gonna make this a front engine. and why wouldn't a v10 fit in the front? (looks like theres enough space to me and they can always expand. yes i know you said its a concept-art.) or mid? or rear? and you just summed up everything we ALREADY KNOW thats its a V10 and most likely to have SH-AWD or a derivative of that

remember, i'm not trying to be a jackass. if i came off as one. i'm sorry

·
Registered
593 Posts
Midi_Amp said:
Eh? That's weird... How the hell a V10 can even fit on the front or even mid and back of the car?
Re-read that and explain to me what you meant to say please. Thank you. I really don't have much of a clue as to what that meant :p

But yea, lets not get hopes up. As a matter of fact, lets lock this thread. No new news, just more "speculation"

·
Registered
972 Posts
accordjtstyle said:
I really don't have much of a clue as to what that meant
yoshidoshi123 said:
i dont wanna be a jerk but what the hell was the point of your post?
The statement was meant for the concept drawing. If what Edmund said it will be an FR, and if Honda wants to create a super car, that would mean the next NSX will be FMR like the SLR or S2K (more speculation from me), with the engine placed behind the front axle to achieve 50/50 weight balance. But judging from the concept drawing, the engine bay is very short, and it looks like the Acura RL with the engine placed on top of the axle giving it a nose heavy handling... And what super car have that handling feature? Well probably one or two, but that would put a shame on the NSX name.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Midi_Amp said:
The statement was meant for the concept drawing. If what Edmund said it will be an FR, and if Honda wants to create a super car, that would mean the next NSX will be FMR like the SLR or S2K (more speculation from me), with the engine placed behind the front axle to achieve 50/50 weight balance. But judging from the concept drawing, the engine bay is very short, and it looks like the Acura RL with the engine placed on top of the axle giving it a nose heavy handling... And what super car have that handling feature? Well probably one or two, but that would put a shame on the NSX name.
i see where your coming from. it's just a concept drawing though, concepts are always a little unrealistic. knowing honda's reputation for innovation, it wont be a run of the mill supercar; & that should be a good thing. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.