Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my license got suspended. work [email protected]$8/hr.. i have this auto trans del sol turbo with no exhaust and a freebie dd 95 civic, also auto trans. im getting a work/school permit to drive legally soon. ;)

im starting school in july, but i scheduled my school hours so i can still work full time. i dont wanna drive the del sol much anymore cause i wont be able to afford tune for awhile and i dont wanna blow my motor over time. i need to replace the master cylinder,i wanna replace the ac and get the exhaust going so its atleast re-sellable. i WANT anything with a manual trans. should i get the sol ready to sell and drive the 95 civic and then buy new full time track project? or should i just convert it to manual trans? ive already put a shitload of $ in the sol. hate to see it go but i feel like its dragging me down, moneywise too.

the exhaust should be in this week, and then dp fabrication may begin. that wont be cheap. and im about to need 2 new tires cause the alignments a wreck, it'd be $1000 to fix alignment problem from the wreck. im just tired of dumping money into it.

so much shit is goin on with and and itd cost a lot of money. dont know where to start. what do yall think i should do? sorry to bore you guys with my teen life crisis here but i feel panicky about what to do.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Okay so you want to sell your Sol which is bringing you down financially and then buy another car for a project and start from scratch...how does that make sense? So if you buy some adjustable aftermarket camber arms they still won't be able to fix your alignment? Is the $1000 for OEM parts or something? http://inlinefour.com/accessories2.html I imagine something on that page should be able to fix your problem for under $1000 unless you got some frame damage or something, but I still feel the adjustable arms would compensate for the frame damage.

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
drive the 95 civic...save your money...do an auto to manual tranny swap...fix the alignment problem/ac/etc..you'll have a dd...and you'll get to keep your sweet ass turbo sol which will be a lot faster once you lose the slush box ;)

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ismael-robert said:
Okay so you want to sell your Sol which is bringing you down financially and then buy another car for a project and start from scratch...how does that make sense? So if you buy some adjustable aftermarket camber arms they still won't be able to fix your alignment? Is the $1000 for OEM parts or something? http://inlinefour.com/accessories2.html I imagine something on that page should be able to fix your problem for under $1000 unless you got some frame damage or something, but I still feel the adjustable arms would compensate for the frame damage.
that quote was for OEM. no frame damage. just wondering if i should sell it/cut losses and start new project, or am i too deep in this one to pull out, or is it not that expensive to fix. btw we replaced the master brake cylinder yesterday after work. brand new one for 60.

·
Registered
959 Posts
It's not that you're in too deep it's that you said you're going to start from scratch and spend the same amount of money again on another car. So you have to come up with money for that car and money for that car's parts. You can probably fix ac with parts from ebay and have you ever done research on a torque converter for your auto tranny?

Plus after those parts I showed you from inlinefour you should be able to fix your alignment problem with those parts and a simple alignment job which is normally less than $100 at any mechanic shop...you can probably find those parts on ebay too.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ismael-robert said:
It's not that you're in too deep it's that you said you're going to start from scratch and spend the same amount of money again on another car. So you have to come up with money for that car and money for that car's parts. You can probably fix ac with parts from ebay and have you ever done research on a torque converter for your auto tranny?

Plus after those parts I showed you from inlinefour you should be able to fix your alignment problem with those parts and a simple alignment job which is normally less than $100 at any mechanic shop...you can probably find those parts on ebay too.

i dont mind starting over, as long as i make it better than the one before it. i can save whatever money i want just takes some time. no, i havent looked into tq converters. i will look into those [email protected] you showed me. thanks tons for the advice. rep for j00! :hug

but i wont hesitate to buy any local crx for sale under a grand. :p

·
Registered
959 Posts
oh well shit yeah if you can find a crx for that cheap with working ac and no alignment issues then go for it...hey how about ripping your setup out of the sol and dropping it in the rex and then dropping a stock del Sol S setup in your car...considering the S setup should cost you peanuts and get you monkeys.

Another great suspension fix would be skunk2, but for some reason they're not on inlinefour I don't believe. www.skunk2.com

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
why not put your sol back to stock, and then sell...drive your civic for a while then buy a manual sol and put the parts back on.......sounds like that makes the most sense to me.....wont lose much in the sell/buy...probably be cheaper thna doing a tranny swap.....

ps should have probably got the DP before the exhaust...still havee the stocker?

·
Registered
230 Posts
soul 93 said:
why not put your sol back to stock, and then sell...drive your civic for a while then buy a manual sol and put the parts back on.......sounds like that makes the most sense to me.....wont lose much in the sell/buy...probably be cheaper thna doing a tranny swap.....

ps should have probably got the DP before the exhaust...still havee the stocker?

thats what i actually did, had a 93 sol si sold it and bought a 95 sol si...
too bad i didnt swap the suspension, i miss the h&r and agx :bash

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i have the factory exhaust mani in the garage and an aftermarket exhaUST in the mail, but no cat. i did the emissions on both cars a few hours ago. lets just say being an inspector has its perks. :ninja

taking the kit off would be a bitch. but now that i have a dd it is feasible. and in the longterm seems like itd save money. we will see.

and it says i must spread before i can rep you again :(

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ismael-robert said:
Well don't take the kit off. Can you pull the whole motor with turbo still attached and just use same motor?
never pulled a motor. too scared to try it. and our lease is up next month, and the owner is selling the house so we must move. cant use the garage for longterm stuff til we move.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Kabooki's Advice:

Put the sol in storage for 1yr (id park mine at a friends' shop or house that has alot of land). Forget you own it, dont pay insurance on it for the time its in storage, count the car as a loss...pretend it was in a wreck, how would you compensate for that loss? Put it behind you. In one year, get tags, insurance, etc. Taken care of and now you are +1 sweet ass car and had time to make up for a sag in finances.

I have done this before and it seems to work, we allways find a way to get out of hard times, if you put an object out of reach and "pretend" you dont own it, you wont try to use it as an excuse to get out of your delema. Once your delema is solved, you realize you still have your ride.

(I still have my original Killer Instinct arcade game in a friends garage, I probably woulda sold it in times of need if I woulda remembered I even own it but being out of sight is the reason I still own a perfectly good KI machine)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.