Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so when i bought my 89 si hatch it had a bad passenger side axel.... and so i went and got one from the junkyard, that axel had this big donut looking thing on the shaft and the one that was busted didnt have this big donut thing..... but after i put it in it ran like normal... so i was just wondering what that was... and if im suppose to have it....??? :confused :confused :confused

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
im not quite familiar with the 89's axles, but i know that mine the "donut" on them. only problem is, its on the drivers side axle, not the passenger side (if i remeber correctly) but i dont think that there's any way you could've got the wrong side axle on, since they are different lengths. Best i can recommend is getting an axle with a lifetime warranty. I got a rebuilt axle from o'reillys for $60 (including core) and have replaced it 3 times... just take the bad one back, and get a new one, no questions asked.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.