Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here we go. I bought this set of Weitec coilovers for my car. They don't make an EF kit only an EG and up kit. The problem I'm having is that the car is higher then with the stock suspension and the coilover is all the way down. I had to change the suspension forks because the EG shocks are thicker then the EF's so I bought 90-93 Accord forks. Anyway...what is causing the car to be so high?

What can I do to fix this problem?

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Crossing platforms is not usually a good idea (i.e.-Accord components on a Civic...) I don't know, it's possible the Accord forks are longer and causing the car to sit up high. Also, the EG is a heavier car so the spring rates are stiffer, which makes the ride height higher in a lighter car.

What made you buy Weitec when there are so many other springs available for HOndas and they didn't have your application? They specialize mostly in German stuff.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know man...really good deal on them since I know the distributor here in Canada. Really good deal and good quality.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Yep, it the end it usually comes down to the best bargain. I know I've never heard anything bad about the company itself.

Are you sure youput the right spring on the front and in the rear?

It's not like the EF is so much lighter than the EG the it would make a difference of 2" or 3" in drop! Definitely something up there. you're sure you have them turned all the way to the bottom of the sleeve and not all the way to the top. Sounds silly but I must ask just to double check.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Did you trim your bumpstops? If you can I would like to see some pics posted of your set-up.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Figured it out finally.
What I did was put the rear springs on the front shock and the front springs on the rear shock. Since the spring rate on the rear is different then the fronts it lowered it a bit. Then I removed the helper springs. I also got EG 92-95 front forks and it solved all my problems. The car is really low now. I'm going to leave it the way it is until it settles and then I'll adjust for best corner weight.

I also cut the bump stops in half in case I bottom out...hehehe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts