Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey.. im new to this forum and to hondas and i was just wondering how to swap a manual tranny into an auto..
im supposedly getting a freebie eg froma friend of my dads and i just hate th fact its an auto
:) anyways~ any tut. or good information wo uld be greatly appreciated..
thanks

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
babowc said:
bumpppppppppppppp
use the search function this has been covered countless times.
welcome to SHO.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so much for help.. thanks anyways
ive tried the search button though.. :bh i cant seem to find any tuts on the tranny swaps :(

·
Registered
6,555 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry but those hardly help on how-to instructions on doing the swap..
like i said, ive read over and used the search option..

·
Registered
10,384 Posts

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
It's pretty basic, you take out all the parts having to do with the automatic, and put in all the parts that have to do with the 5 speed. Only place I ran into problems was with the wiring for the IACV on the intake manifold, and the brake pedal, wich needs to be replaced with one from and 5speed so it won't hit the clutch, although it might be different for 5th gens, I suggest going to a junk yard and finding out. Or try:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/

and start comparing part numbers between the auto and 5-speed.

That's what I did.

Oh and don't forget, Please oh please get a 5-speed ECU.

As for steps, get a Helms manual for your year and follow the instructions for removing the auto and go to section for the 5-speed for your year and follow it to put the 5-speed in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
awsome thanks for the info..
ill get the helms manual and see what i can do..
btw, the thing IISaiNtII found was on a crx.. but thanks again

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
the basics will still apply to your car

·
Registered
466 Posts
hobie237 said:
not worth it... trade the car in for one with a manual transmission... you could probly convince somebody with the same year car who is selling it to trade with you even... then just put ur mods on that car....
So did you do a manual swap and are saying this from experience? It really is not as hard as people who have never done it make it out to be. Helms is a definite must for something like this, especially if you have not removed the tranny before. There is a lot more info on h o n d a - t e c h.com (minus the spaces) that really helped me out when I did the conversion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts