Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after going to a local track this weekend ive got all insired and now want to focus on building a good track car.

i was just wondering how good an eg civic is on the track and what potential is has ?

any help and advise would be much appreciated

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
its a GREAT race car prodject, it is very cheap and is compatible with alot of other civics and integras, it is very light and when striped it weighs VERY little.
It already has 4 wheel disk brakes if you can dig up an Si and a solid base engine, the z6, can push out healthy numbers with minor engine mods.

IMO,its cheap,fast,easy as hell to work on, and redily available parts from both the next and previus gen of civic.

I wish I got one instead of my 00 Coupe :(

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
speedjunky01 said:
its a GREAT race car prodject, it is very cheap and is compatible with alot of other civics and integras, it is very light and when striped it weighs VERY little.
It already has 4 wheel disk brakes if you can dig up an Si and a solid base engine, the z6, can push out healthy numbers with minor engine mods.

IMO,its cheap,fast,easy as hell to work on, and redily available parts from both the next and previus gen of civic.

I wish I got one instead of my 00 Coupe :(

true, but your 00 civic is hot.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
The EG is a good candidate for a race project because they can do anything you want them to, like any civic. They can handle and do autox or road course racing, or they can just be straight line beasts. There are plenty of companies out there that specialize in both genres of racing, and have parts readily available for that generation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.