Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i need a little help from you people that own a 92-95 eg with a h22 im looking into buying one is there anything i should really look for? Im not new to honda's i have a 98 prelude. But i also dont wanna get fucked with any thing that will cause big problems for me once i buy i

· Premium Member
6,822 Posts
i wouldnt buy, H swaps in civic's are somewhat complicated and who knows if the owner toook the right route, also it MAY be overpriced for its actual value, i had a 91 hatch with a bottom end built ZC that would hang EASY with a friends H22 95 civic coupe.. yet i got my ass handed to me by another friend with a 95 coupe with just b16, I/H/E and ITR cams.......you decide

· Registered
1,221 Posts
so dont go crazy with it. find a hatch... thats all... dont worry about what motor is in it.

and if you want a specific motor. find a dx or cx that had an ls swap... thats pretty much plug and play man.

ps. b16s are fucking garbage :td

· Registered
109 Posts
so dont go crazy with it. find a hatch... thats all... dont worry about what motor is in it.

and if you want a specific motor. find a dx or cx that had an ls swap... thats pretty much plug and play man.

ps. b16s are fucking garbage :td

h22's in eg civics are too complicated for a daily driver. a good dd would be something close to stock- it's a lot easier to maintain than an h22 civic and better gas mileage/reliability. Also, if you've got a baby, you should get a 4-door. wouldn't having a 2-door makes getting your baby and the baby seat into the car a pain? unless you just leave the seat in the car.. i guess that would make sense. nevermind lol.

anyway, i love the eg hatch so i'd like to hear that you got one lol :)

x2 on the b16's btw. they really do suck.. i raced a 95 coupe with a b16, in my 94 hatch (single cam zc vtec with intake and header), and stayed next to him the whole way. lame.. so i'd recommend the ls swap too.

· Registered
109 Posts
Ya well i will only be driving to school and back then the driving around when ever i have time...ya basically i will leave it in the car when i see her so just on the weekends...
yeah that's cool then, the hatch will be fine. it's a lot more roomy than it looks on the outside so not too much a hassle if you just plan on leaving the seat in there.

it's not a very fast car without a swap, and even with some swaps you won't be too fast without looking into engine internals/ boosting/ chipping etc.. so i don't think you have to worry about that. but it's definitely a fun car to drive as a daily driver.

· Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya well if i do a h22 eg then i want mostly stock as far as headers and intake like visual stuff goes and make it handle then do cams values and shit like that so i dont get harssed by the cops to much

· Registered
109 Posts
yeah keeping the visuals stock is a good idea. i draw a lot of attention with my lights, rims, window tint, and even my quiet exhaust. i get pulled over all the time lol. but i always get off easy cuz i work for pizza hut and i have the car topper sitting in the back seat- as soon as the cop looks in my car he can see it. no one wants to ticket the pizza guy. works like a charm lol

what are you planning to do with your prelude?

· Registered
17 Posts
An H22 on an EG hatch is something unique though. Most would do B16, B18, or K20 swaps. But just like what they've said, the conversion is really complicated and it is somewhat not practical because it's a 2.2L and consumes a lot of gas. Anyways, just update us on this one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.