Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my service engine light was coming on so i checked it and it said it was 12 which is the EGR valve, i replace it and it is still coming on. what should i do next. i got a 95 accord coupe

·
Registered
47 Posts
You may also need to check the EGR control solenoid valve for proper operation. I would also check to make sure all your vacuum lines are tight and not leaking going to all your EGR components. Do you have a repair manual for your car? If not you may need to get one to be able to run the above checks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the egr value i brought was brand new, u still think that needs cleaning. i looked at my egr control selenoid. the vaccum line that runs from that to the egr valuve, i put my finger on the end of it and didnt feel any vaccum. could it be that. or do u know if u suppose to feel vaccum from it

·
Registered
230 Posts
1st get a manual to check for proper EGR valve and solenoid function...then, i would also clean the egr passages.. there is a DIY somewhere on this that involves drilling but you don't have to do this....... you will need to get the injector o-rings though as a precaution...if you heard valve-tap before the CEL then it is probably clogged... how many miles????

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
actually what that code 12 is indicating is a problem in the egr circuit. the code 12 is really for the egr lift sensor on top of the valve itself with the wire plug on it. there could be an open or a short in the wires from the plug to the ecu...check your pm box

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
TOP END MS said:
Or you can go the illegal street racing ruite and use a blocking late and gut the whole damn EGR system .. :bye
thatll still throw a code 12. i think you can wire a resistor between the pins on the ecu to make it think there is an egr though.

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
Dude I feel ya I have had my code 12 on since my swap shit I think 2yrs now. I replaced my egr valve too and on the h22a its not so easy like the f22 to clean the egr ports.

I'm about to do like Top end and find me a damn egr block plate I just don't know wtf your supposed to do with the vacuum lines and the sensors other then just unpluggin them :confused

1 - 13 of 13 Posts