Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im finishing up getting my gauges to complete my interior but theres one gauge im not 100% sure about. Thats the EGT (Exhaust Gas Temp) gauge. Is this for hott turbo setups or is it also vital for N/A?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,299 Posts
TOP END MS said:
Im finishing up getting my gauges to complete my interior but theres one gauge im not 100% sure about. Thats the EGT (Exhaust Gas Temp) gauge. Is this for hott turbo setups or is it also vital for N/A?
u can use a EGT on a NA app. those are good gauges have. we had one in my crx for tunning. it wasnt mine it was the shops, they let me use it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
255 Posts
While I am sure that you can tune an N/A car using exhaust gas temps I think it is most vital in Turbo applications. Either way, cool gauge to have if you wire it up. And in reality, how many people (other than forced induction) actually use their gauges like they are meant to be used.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a full line up of GReddy gauges on the way.. i think the gauges will be key in making sure the vehicle is operating properly at all times. Not to mention they just look bad azz. I said what the hell and ordered up the EGT gauge as well. Cant wait to get them all installed and post pics! I know im gonna need a little help figuring out the install as GReddy is nice enough to only supply the US market with instructions in 100% JAPANESE. All I understand it the IMPORTANT icons where im sure theres really really important info that i need to know ..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,299 Posts
TOP END MS said:
I have a full line up of GReddy gauges on the way.. i think the gauges will be key in making sure the vehicle is operating properly at all times. Not to mention they just look bad azz. I said what the hell and ordered up the EGT gauge as well. Cant wait to get them all installed and post pics! I know im gonna need a little help figuring out the install as GReddy is nice enough to only supply the US market with instructions in 100% JAPANESE. All I understand it the IMPORTANT icons where im sure theres really really important info that i need to know ..
hahaha....i know what u mean about the instructions. i went to put my Greddy turbo timer in..nothing but wing dang chang dong. i dont know what the fuck that is :hehe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
actually wing dang dong would be 100x easier than 5 billion japanese SYMBOLS where each symbol represents like like 3 complete sentences backwords. I really think they do it just so you have to have a JAp install the parts for you ..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,299 Posts
TOP END MS said:
actually wing dang dong would be 100x easier than 5 billion japanese SYMBOLS where each symbol represents like like 3 complete sentences backwords. I really think they do it just so you have to have a JAp install the parts for you ..
haha true...i think thats how mine was. i felt like a cave man trying to read someone with those pictures.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I C .. ya i was doin some searching and said that the EGT can notify you of problems with the fuel and timing so you can get off the gas and shut the car down b4 major damage to the engine accurs.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top