Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very close to getting Eibach Pro-Kits with KYB GR2's all around. But are the Pro-Kits a why bother spring? They only lower 1.4F/1.0R, but the spring rates are the same as the Sportlines with 457F/171-257R. Also, with the Pro-Kits I wouldn't need a camber kit. And I really don't want a slammed car, cause it's a daily driver and I don't wanna dent my header and stuff. So is this a good set-up? Will it improve the handling to a point where I can have some fun on the twisties? I doubt I'll auto-X or road race the car, but I would like to have some fun on some twisties. Anyone out there with this set-up? I found both the shocks and springs for $430 shipped, btw. So should I do it?

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
i think that the pro-kit are just almost like stock.
if you want something between the pro-kit and the sport lines. you might want to check out the h&r sport.
the h&r sport are just a bit lower than the pro-kit and but still higher than the sport lines. plus the ride on the h&r are smooth.

depending on the model year of your car, if you get the h&r sport you wont need shocks. the stock shocks are good enuogh if you the newer car. and you wont need a camber kit, just a good alignment.

for a good price you might want to go check out
www.adventon.com
think they got special on the h&r for $132, dunno about the shocks though.

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
IMO, get the "pro-kits", NOT the "sport-lines". I've reaserched
both for my Nissan, and the pro-kits are what you want,
unless you car's a "show only" vehicle. If you drive it every
day, basically, you'll regret buying the sport-lines. And
the "drop" is more than you'd think, visually, at least.
EDIT: As divinewisdom pointed out, indirectly, the
pro-kit WILL work with your stock shocks, whereas the
sport-lines will probably require a shock upgrade; i.e., more
money.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
BlueBallz said:
money.
yea the sport lines of eibach are same was the h&r race springs. these springs will lower about 2.25-2.5 inch. youll need shocks and camber kits for your car. its get annoying driving slow over bumps all the time.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
BlueBallz said:
money.
I've got the prokit and kyb agx shocks, it may not lower it much, but it rides soooo nice, my car is so tight in the turns, now if only I had a seat that would actually hold me in place :)

the top pic is before, all the others are after the new suspension. home.earthlink.net/~aldenmackie/240sx.html

·
Registered
71 Posts
BlueBallz said:
money.
I'd disagree on the Sportlines. I have them on my 00 Civic coupe and drop about the amount I expected it to. 1.8" all around, pretty even. Shocks are fine - even having them on for almost a year. Camber up front is fine, but a little out in the rear, however not enough to warrant a correction kit.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I also have Sportlines on my car, IMO the ride is smoother than i actually expected. And the drop WAS more than i had thought but it is ok with me. Anyways, i love em, and yes, tehy are on stock shocks....had em on for about 8 months now.....erthings OOOOOTAY...

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
I just installed a set of pro-kits on my civ and so far I'm happy with them. The rear is perfect IMO, but the front is a little higher than I would like, so I may lower it a bit more with my shocks. The handling is very good for a daily driver. The ride quality is near stock, unless I hit some really bad roads, then it gets a lil bit bumpy, but its not a big deal.

IMO, they are a very good choice for a daily driver.

·
Registered
152 Posts
hmm im also in the market for some sport lines...so what is the verdict? do you guys think they are okay for daily drivers? i think the prokits dont drop enough (for my car atleast) and i want around 1.75-2 in drop..ne suggestions?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Taktix1 said:
hmm im also in the market for some sport lines...so what is the verdict? do you guys think they are okay for daily drivers? i think the prokits dont drop enough (for my car atleast) and i want around 1.75-2 in drop..ne suggestions?
i say get the sportlines, i got pro kits, and its definitly not low enough, my friend just got some pro kits and regrets how it is not low enough

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
Taktix1 said:
If I had it to do all over again, I probably would have gotten the sportlines.

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
I still think "pro-lines" are the best, but this is just from what
I've read/complaints I've heard. Plus the drop, (1.4 inches) would
be perfect for my Nissan, I think. Plus, spring travel is more limited
on Nissans, anyway, so "bottoming out" is more of a concern
than with Hondas. But, trust me now, and thank me later...
that's all I can say. Or call me an asshole, I don't care; it won't
change my choice.

·
Registered
207 Posts
hmmmmm

I have spoken to Eibach and also Koni. They recommend the pro kit with the konis.

If you also look on the eibach site, they have sway bars and are designed only in conjunction with the pro kit. So there must be a very good reason why eibach do this.

Also was told that sportlines used with any shock will wear them out quicker.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
The prokits are fantastic. They eliminated my fender gap, and handle wonderfully. The ride is noticably stiffer and more responsive than stock, and there's faaaar less lean/dive/roll during handling and braking. So they're definitely not a "why bother" spring. :)

Plus, I can even go over speed bumps and into driveways STRAIGHT. :cool: Now... if you WANT to have to go sideways, and scrape your front bumper every time you drive over a speedbump, then, by all means, get Sportline springs. But if you want a great daily driver that also handles great when you toss it through turns, the Prokit is definitely the way to go, in my opinion.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the prokit on my Accord and I agree they are perfect for my situation (daily driver). I debated between sportlines and prokit and I think I made the right choice for myself.

The problem I have is I need new shocks - the ride, is nice but a little bouncy for me. But my car has 115,000 miles so that is probably the reason more that the springs themselves.

They are definately NOT a "why bother" spring. The handling is mucho mucho better than stock.

·
Registered
196 Posts
one thing to add....

What's up,
Other than what's been said I noticed that when I was on my stock springs my cd player would mess up when I went over train tracks, but when I put the pro-kits on the music keeps playing haha!
Late,
Jake

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
This is to XEcivic59...

"I saw a guy dragged out of his shop and dumped into the back of a truck. But it's everywhere in the world. If you have any kind of resistance to the mainstream you'll quickly be shut down - either violently or you will be absorbed by society. There's a strange, oily feeling in the world right now. You can't quite get a grip on it, it's intangible. I think it's due to a lack of spirituality. Rock right now is full of crying, complaining and aggression. There's a lot of 'fuck you's' and 'I'm not going to do what you tell me.' But what are you going to do? No one's offering a solution. I'll offer one: read books. Find your role model." -Ian Astbury
My "role model" is William Holden, especially in "Stalag 17".
Believe in want's "right", and stand up for it, even if it hurts
:). Too bad "real life" isn't like "Hollywood". :D But, as a man,
(not just the "actor") Mr. Holden is what I'm like, and what I
always intend to be. To me, he's better than John Wayne,
and I'll STAND by this, even though I know "shit will follow".
He is/was what I always wanted to be; i.e. THE "role model".

·
Registered
599 Posts
^^^ :D WHat ever you say. :laughy:

DOes anyone have a pic of Pro kits on a 96-00 civic coupe?

if not can you tell me if the prokit's atleast cut the front fender gap in half?

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
Sorry, supapoopa, and to all, for the last post. I was
"blitzed", thought it was "off topic". Pics of the "pro-kits"
would be good, though. Even though I hadn't got them for
my Nissan yet, I'd still like to see it; (you'd think these
ASSHOLES who sold this shit would do it for you, to
promote their kits?).

1 - 20 of 57 Posts