Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know what you people think about the two engines and their pros and cons...

I know that a H22 would cost about 5K for the swap and a B18 would be cheaper because of bolt on and no need for new mounts... Still not sure on complete cost for a B18 cause havent done much research on it...

what is the cost of a complete B18 GSR swap into a EK?
Pros and cons on the B18 and the H22?
Which is a better bang for the buck?

going to to a swap on my 98 Civic HB very soon so need these info.

Thanks.... ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just got done doing the H22A. It's costs a little bit more than the B18C, but it is sure worth the extra penny for the extra ponies.

I definetly recommend the H22A...It's a kick ass ride.

·
Registered
535 Posts
H22ACivic said:
I just got done doing the H22A. It's costs a little bit more than the B18C, but it is sure worth the extra penny for the extra ponies.

I definetly recommend the H22A...It's a kick ass ride.
How much did you pay for you whole set up man? I mean engine, mount kit (BTW which did you use), axels, and all? Oh and labor of course. Oh and did you keep A/C or P/s? Sorry about the questions, I'm getting very close to just getting an H22 in my sol, and just living in credit card hell for a few (OK, several) years :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
H22A Engine $2070.00 shipped
HaSport Motor Mounts $412.00
New Axles (Raxles.com) $360.00
Shift linkage (ARD) $312.00
Shift linkage Cables $50.00
(HAP Recycling)
New timing belt, water
pump, balancing belt,
complete gaskets, and
tune up. $250.00
Labor $650.00

TOTAL ~$4300.00

Plus a couple $100 dollars for upgrades (I/H/E) etc...

·
Registered
677 Posts
yeah bro did you keep A/C? and does it look like it will be hard to work on stuff under the hood due to,space restrications? Like changing belts and crap?:confused:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I took off the a/c and p/s because of lack of room, but that doesn't mean it's not possible. Iv'e heard of people relocating the a/c and p/s and still make everything work. So, I just took the easy route and took both off.

As for space, to change the timing belt is a little restrictive, but can still be done. Do what I did, change the belts, water pump, and all gaskets before swapping the engine into the car. Most other belts and other tune up options are convenient to get to...I'm not saying it's easy, but not hard...just time consuming.

Peace

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
H22ACivic said:
H22A Engine $2070.00 shipped
HaSport Motor Mounts $412.00
New Axles (Raxles.com) $360.00
Shift linkage (ARD) $312.00
Shift linkage Cables $50.00
(HAP Recycling)
New timing belt, water
pump, balancing belt,
complete gaskets, and
tune up. $250.00
Labor $650.00

TOTAL ~$4300.00

Plus a couple $100 dollars for upgrades (I/H/E) etc...
Hey bro... hook me up with the engine... where did you get it for 2k? and where did you get the mounts for $412? Plus.... couldn't you just swap a b18 for like 3000 and get a turbo for that price? J.W...... but dang thats one cheap H22!!!! Hit me up alright!!!

:cool:

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
H22ACivic

Hay man who did you get the H22A from. That’s one hell of a price

·
Registered
535 Posts
Fuck the engine price, who the hell swapped in your H22 for 650$ labor!?!?! That is outstanding! Everyone I talk to wants at least a grand + and unforseen difficulties. Shit man, for 650$ labor I'll drive to washington man!

·
Registered
73 Posts
whoaaa 7 g's tell me your car is running perfect with no problems... for all you guys who have done this swap already please. list full price paid for complete install to make ur car run smoothly. i need prices so i get some motivation

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ooairewreckoo said:
whoaaa 7 g's tell me your car is running perfect with no problems... for all you guys who have done this swap already please. list full price paid for complete install to make ur car run smoothly. i need prices so i get some motivation
Shizzzz.... same here... give some detail in the pricing.... and for those people who have gone through B18 GSR swaps.... give me your info too.... peace....

·
Registered
34 Posts
H22A Engine $2070.00 shipped www.jspecauto.com

(I know they have them for like $2300.00, but talk to Ismael Desjarlais, they are always willing to negotiate. Luckily on my case, he really wanted to get rid of this engine, which came with LSD and 30,000 miles. Give them a call and visit their website)

Motor Mounts ~ $417.00 www.ardperformance.com

(ARD Performance, Talk to Brian, he's a really good guy and will help you get almost every part for a good price)

Install/Labor $650.00 A&N Auto Repair

It's located in West Seattle, if you want directions, look them up on the phone book or give them a call at 206-762-3952. And ask for Tim. They are great mechanics and are really clean about things and work on your car as if it where their own.

I'm still pretty new at getting to know my car because I got back a couple weeks ago, but I'll be happy to answer some questions you guys might have to the best of my knowledge. Like I said, I don't know everything, but I do know this: For all the people who were doubting that the H22A was a horrible swap into the Civic, they were wrong, because I truly love the acceleration. Even though handling isn't the best, it can always be fixed by putting all lower and top strut/sway bars (The lower front sway bar you must customize. Get integra control arms with the front sway bar and jerry rig the bar a little.) That helps a sh*t load. Then, your on your way to "switchin' lanes like WHOA!"

Give me an email if you guys have questions.

Peace :cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got these axles made specifically for the H22A swap into the civic at Raxles (Raxles.com>talk to Marty) for about 367.00. They are super thick and will resist a lot of shit and come with an outstanding warranty so if I do, that is hopefully I don't, I will have them covered under warranty. Look into it. It took me a lot a research to find all these great prices. I mean A LOT OF RESEARCH...Internet=Friend.

Peace

1 - 15 of 15 Posts