Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just come accross a cheap EK coupe and im not a fan of the motor in stock form so I've looked into swaps and I'd like to do somthing a little less common like a Turbo D or a B18B1 on boost so I found a H22A4(not sure what specs are on this yet) and I wanted to throw that into the EK.

I have had past experince with EF's, DA's and EG's but I'm just getting into EK's so I know very little about them.

I've done a little searching and can't seem to find any wright ups on swaps or even walk threws.

My part list iscludeds this so far.
motor-mounts:http://www.passwordjdm.com/product....ageHistory=&strKeywords=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=431
H22A4 with ~48K miles
99 Civic EX coupe 5 speed

now the list that comes with the motor is as followed:
p72, engine wiring harness longblock, tranny

I know I'd need axles as well....but am not totaly sure what type, would I just get some stock H22 lude axles and throw them on the car?

any help, links or advise is great. I know some ppl will ask me why im not doing a B or D turbo, its just to over done and ive played around wtih it already.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
I'll also be doing the H22 on my 98 hatch later this year. You need custom mounts like Hasport, HCP, etc. There are others but you can trust those 2 for sure. I'd suggest one that has the full 4-mounts instead of just 3. There's an optional front crossmember with some kits. If you want to keep a/c HCP makes a plate that lets you bolt your D-series compressor onto the H22 block in the right place. I don't think a stock H-compressor will fit the engine bay.

As for axles, I believe you need 90-93 Teg axles and a 90+ Accord midshaft.

A P72 is the GSR ecu but is probably better because it avoids EGR or some other emissions nuisance the Lude ecu deals with. You might chip it to have more accurate specs for yours. If using the stock intake manifold you do need either the GSR or stock Lude ecu to operate the secondary IAB's of the 2-stage manifold.

The Prelude uses cable shift linkage so you need that stuff and will remove your whole shifter assembly and do some cutting to the tunnel to make it all fit.

Sure it's work but it's probably the fastest stock swap you can put in your Civic. I got tired of thinking what to do with my B18B to make it fast on a budget and realized with smart shopping and selling my spare parts I could have a smooth stock engine with as much power but more economy/reliability than other options, and just as cheap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.