Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys...

i was curious...

we all know the engine/tranny is different between a real type-r civic as opposed to a 97-00 dx/cx hatch in the us...

but i'd like to know what are the other differences, chassis-wise?
i know about the simple things like the front upper tower bar, front and rear sway bars, springs and dampers, etc...

the brakes are upsized in the front, and the rear are discs (are these special only to the ctr? or are these integra/del sol rear brakes too?)

i believe there is additional chassis supports in the rear area just below the cardboard cover for the spare...

anyone have the specs on the torsional rigidity between these cars?
corner weights? f/r weight distribution?

again, this is purely out of curiosity...

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
check out the "type R legends" of the BMI video, talks alot about it. as far s the brakes, the CTR has larger brakes and disks all around as well as 2 pot calipers up front I belive instead of the single one.(www.fastbrakes.com sells CTR brakes :)) the corner waights are even on all 4 corners if you weigh the same as an average japanese person(like 140lbs??)

also lots of aero diferences lips underbody shrouding ect. the wheels and tires werent availlable in the US at all I belive.

red interior compared to industrila grey :bye . all I can think of right now man.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's funny you mention that bmi video...
i got it when it first came out but it still doesn't talk about how different the ctr is to our leftover, sorry-excuse, bottom-feeder usdm hatches...

the car FELT totally different from my car (i drove the real deal a couple of times when i went to honda primo dealerships in japan)...

everything just screams beat me to my limits (though i drove it in the most reserved manner - hey, i've got to be gracious and respectful to my hosts)

nothing was quite as primal as that car...

even with my car stripped of its interior and set up for autocross, it doesn't quite measure up to how the ctr felt, just sitting still...

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
well yea, honda dumped SO much cash into the type R program its retarded, they basicly took whats meant for the track only and sorta snuck it into mainstream markets.

nothing EVER beats he feel of a car that put together at the factory no matter the parts or time put into it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.