Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
13,558 Posts
i can't wait for this!

though, i didn't get fallout vegas cause of all the people complaining about the bugs in it.

but yeah, def. going to get this, bugs and all

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yeah im definitely picking this up. I havent played an immersive RPG that takes forever to beat in so long. Plus the graphics, random dragon encounters, everything just seems amazing. Getting close...

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A big middle finger to Bethesda for bringing out another glitchy game on the PS3!:fu

They really outdid themselves this time. At least Fallout:New Vegas took 5 minutes to crash on me. Skyrim froze my PS3 20 seconds into the opening cutscene.:mad:( Even depressing the PS button wouldnt get me back to the XMB.:mad

IGN was worried about not having been given a PS3 copy of Skyrim to review beforehand (only PC and 360 versions). I should have known what was coming up. Oblivion = glitchy. Oblivion GOTY = glitchy. Fallout 3 and Fallout 3 GOTY = glitchy. Fallout: New Vegas = glitchy. It seems that Bethesda's SOP's is to screw the PS3 peeps over each and everytime.

BTW: This was AFTER the 1.01 update! I guess it would have crashed 10 seconds into the game if I'd played it in it's original released version. :rolleyes

Skyrim might be a fine game. But I'd recommend serious thought about playing it on the 360 if you are getting a console copy of the game. Even if the PS3 supposedly has the superior graphics between the 2 systems.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah. I started over and counted the time from the moment the cutscene started, to the point where my game froze. I counted to 23 LOLS.

The game froze on me about an hour further along.

Same old bethesda stuff. Walking laterally across sheer rock faces is possible. Jumping onto low out croppings and stones is not.:(

The story isn't as clear right from the get go. Oblivion was much more straight forward in that regards.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still dealing with glitches and freezing issues. The freezes are so bad that I have to unplug my (slim) PS3. The game has even frozen my power off/on button on 3 occasions. Slims don't have the toggle power switch on the back like the fatties did, so I was forced to do an actual unplugging of the power cord.:mad

Right now I'm...

Level 38
Locations discovered: 153
Quests completed: 16
Misc. objective completed: 65
Dragon souls collected: 11
Words of power learned: 10

My current loadout...

One-handed: Blades Sword (legend.)
Two-handed: Elven battleaxe (legend.)
Bow: Eleven bow (legend.)

Shield: Orcish (flaw.)
Armor: Steel plate armor (legend.)
Footwear: Steel plate boots (legend.)
Arms: Steel plate bracers of eminent wielding (legend.)
Helmet: Krosis (flaw.) 20% on lockpicking, archery, and alchemy

Amulet of Zenithar
Ring of major blocking

·
Registered
13,558 Posts
I havn't had any lock up issues on the xbox version. though, i have run into quest glitches which made the quest impossible to complete, thus making me load up and older game.

i did run into a huge bug in the game though. Do not do the Forswarn consipercy quest if you have other quest items in your inventory. doing the quest makes them dissaper.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PS3 patch 1.03 made things worse for me. :(

I did some things that were recommended to me including disabling a lot of the auto-save functions. But that hasn't helped. If a "average" session could be considered 1.5-3 hours... I probably have a minimum of 3 occasions that I'd need to completely restart my console and reload the game. This doesn't take into account the times I freeze but can use an auto-save file to, the times crazy glitches happen, the harsh drop in framerates, etc.

Haven't played Skyrim the last two days because the bugs finally got me past my point of ultimate frustration. I miss it, but not as much as I thought I would've.

BTW: Up to level 46. In the main quest I'd finished the Thelmor embassy segment. I think I've sucked in 17 dragons. I'm a bard, Companion, joined the legion, and have been accepted to college of magic, dark brotherhood, and thieves guild.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is such a deep and impressive game. Yet the glitches are just as impressive, but in a negative way. They almost cancel out all of the good points of this game for me.

Today:

* 1.25 hours of trying to play. 3 freezes where I had to restart my PS3.

* 1 flying mammoth (I even took a screenshot and sent it to two_one_six for s**ts and giggles).

* A dragon the didn't give me it's soul after being killed... etc. etc. etc.

---------------

One occasion I was fighting a couple spriggans and their bears alongside a ledge. Out of nowhere a rabbit comes down the path, runs into me, and knocks me off the cliff. I die to fall damage.:eek2:fear:cry

I'm an imperial (prob 200lbs?) with ebony heavy armor, an ebony shield, swinging a glass mace, and this little 2-3lbs fuzzy bunny is gonna budge me out of it's way? I DOUBT IT! F this game 10k times over!!!:mad:bomb

I'll play it again later on tonight.:lol2

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
which ps3 do you have?
I have a fatty. But it died... RIP.:cry

So currently I'm using a slim. That's the console that Skyrim is loaded onto.

I heard that the world cleans itself every 30 days, and if I'm having probs I might want to let 30 days pass (in game) and then see if that helps. But I haven't found a good reason to let my character stay in statis that long. I get edgy just waiting a few hours for nightime to pass so the stores can open.:(

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^ Haha. I am jealous. I stink at Enchanting. I think I'm level 21 in that skill tree. So my current equipment is pretty basic.

Glass mace (legend.) and Ebony heavy armor and shield (both legend.) are my most beastly stuff. Everything else gets thrown into a chest in Breezehome or sold.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Starting to burn out on Skyrim. I'm at level 59 with over 300 locations found. I have around 70% of the trophies. But I don't feel like I'm really getting anywhere with all the myriad of questlines. The mages' college quests are the only ones I've completed, but even afterwards there's more to be done.:(

I think I might just finish the main quest and see how I still feel about the game afterwards.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts