Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I just put amp and subs in my civic hatch DX 88, and its an auto. And when I have the stereo on and if I am backing up, the engine service light will come on, and the car will stall, and now the park brake light wont turn off. I need some serious help. oh and the second I put it any other gear besides reverse, it works fine, just in reverse its screwin up, so any help is good.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
What the hell? I never thought something like that would've been possible. The only thing I was do is check and make sure grounds a clean and tight, all wires run and hooked up properly. Damn that is intriguing.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey, everything is right, but I just took the fuse out of the fuse bloc and it doesnt stall, but I still think its fucked up, and the park brake light still wont turn off. Any ideas?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All the fuses are fine, but I didnt think to check the brake fluid. Could that be a problem.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, The park brake light is off, The brake fluid cap wasnt on right, but it still stalls in reverse, Maybe its my tranny and motor mounts?

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Rerun said:
Ok, The park brake light is off, The brake fluid cap wasnt on right, but it still stalls in reverse, Maybe its my tranny and motor mounts?
the motor mounts wouldnt really have to do with the engine stalling. if anything it sounds like your tranny is starting to go out. the gears inside are working fine in the "drive" gears, but when you put it in reverse, it sounds like the input shaft is getting bogged down by the gears. so even though its going in reverse, theres is resistance on that input shaft, which is causing the engine to bog and die.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts