Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just installed a greddy profec boost controller and i turned up the boost and it does't go up. is this because i have a bolt missing in my external wastegate at the top of the deltagate? does this affect it? or could there be something else? thanks.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
is there a vacuum source on the side of the wastegate? if so are you using that one?

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
when you use an elec. boost controller both ports on the wastegate are supposed to be hooked up.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Ok, I will fill in real quick, the vac lines are all plumbed right, I think it lies in that fact that neither eg or me know how to run the profec. The dial on front that has the bar setting is easy enough, but it just blinks P1 or P2, and then you see a number, say, .5, that blinks, and it "counts down" to .1, then starts over. :confused

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah it is working now to where it reads out my current boost at the time but its not upping the boost?>???? :confused is there a button i need to hit aswell? remember the greddy profec. boost controller the original

·
Registered
444 Posts
tell me if im wrong but i thought the side port of the waste gate was for vaccume and the top is for a boost controler?

·
Mowing ur Mom's lawn
2,885 Posts
are there 3 ports on the solenoid for the boost controller?

i know that my AVCR had to be rearanged from how it was set up at the factory to work with an external type wastegate.

one is open with no plug, one goes to a vacuum source, and the other goes to the top of the wastegate.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
keep pushing it . Soon to be you :bye

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
2jzSupraGTTE said:
how do boost controllers work? what do they do? HELP PLZ!
Ur looking to get banned arent u? Do a search or go play somewhere.....were busy here.

As for egvtec.... i have a greddy profec b also, mine is the spec 2 and the same thing happened to me. The culprit turned out to be one of the vaccuum hoses that goes to the wastegate had a tear underneath ...i barlely even saw it!
Another thing to check for is the gasket between the wastegate and manifold.......mine was blown on my previous setup and the same thing happened. Now i dont run a gasket between the WG and mani.

·
Mowing ur Mom's lawn
2,885 Posts
the gasket between teh wastegate and the manifold blew out on my on my second dyno run, we couldn't figure out why the car wouldn't make power, it isn't supposed to be there lol.

just a little tid bit for anyone else running a turbo, don't put the gasket between the manifold and the wastegate!

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
LostSolVTEC said:
just a little tid bit for anyone else running a turbo, don't put the gasket between the manifold and the wastegate!
learned that lesson the hard way too. lol. once i ran no gasket ran into no probs anymore too.

·
Banned
44 Posts
LostSolVTEC said:
the gasket between teh wastegate and the manifold blew out on my on my second dyno run, we couldn't figure out why the car wouldn't make power, it isn't supposed to be there lol.

Ah yes of course, I did that once but that's because i'm a 10 year old moron.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
2jzSupraGTTE said:
Ah yes of course, I did that once but that's because i'm a 10 year old moron.
cool :tu the first step to solving your problem is admitting that there is one :nod

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
cool :tu the first step to solving your problem is admitting that there is one :nod
lol....wassup Al....i never see u in the turbo forum! Welcome

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
:)

i watch over this forum when no one's around, but it's not my forte`...i'm just part of the clean up crew :hehe

1 - 17 of 17 Posts