Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Honda friends haha:clappy
i have a Black 2000 Civic Si/Sir and i am looking into buying an aftermarket exhaust. my reasons are that my current one makes an abnormal little sound but nothing major, its bent a bit to the left, it makes the car look old.

the exhausts that I'm interested in are: the Apexi World Sport 1/2, Tanabe Medallion Touring and the RSR Ex Mag i am open to any suggestions that are similar to these 3.

I would like to know which one is the best in terms of performance, looks, quality, Value and sound.

I do not believe in forced induction therefore i have no plans to turbo or anything like that. im looking for a nice deep toned sound that wouldnt get annoying. and im going for a look that will leve the car looking, possibly cleaner than it already does.

any input would be appreciated

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Since those are overpriced, get an ebay exhaust. Same exct thing as the namebrands, made of better material since they didnt have to pay to have someone design it, and they are always less then 200 bucks shipped.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
And anything bigger then 2.25 inches is wasted money/effort. Only time you need bigger is if your boosted or seriously all motor

· Registered
12,453 Posts
Werd. Try and go e-bay for the pipe and just get a good muffler and header with a high flow cat or test pipe to round out your exhaust system. Just a straight cat back will do almost nothing for your performance unless the whole system is upgraded. Or find a used exhaust if you wanna go name brand, thats what I did, got my whole tanebe system for $127.

I personally like my Tanebe a lot. But I think I have a slightly different model than the one your looking at, so mine might sound different.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks!
i have realized that these exhausts are indeed overpriced.
I am a little scared and a little embarassed to go the Ebay way.
so if i just buy an Apexi WS2 muffler or any similar one, should i then have a local exhaust shop make me custom piping straight from my cat to the muffler? if so what exactly should this include? just 2 1/4" piping from cat to muffler?
would that produce a much different sound then an original APexi catback?

· Registered
49,788 Posts
thanks!
i have realized that these exhausts are indeed overpriced.
I am a little scared and a little embarassed to go the Ebay way.
so if i just buy an Apexi WS2 muffler or any similar one, should i then have a local exhaust shop make me custom piping straight from my cat to the muffler? if so what exactly should this include? just 2 1/4" piping from cat to muffler?
would that produce a much different sound then an original APexi catback?
thank god
do not buy anything off of ebay
9 times out of 10 its not going to fit right and it will sound like ass

as far as getting a shop to do it, they are probably going to crush bend the pipe, which restricts airflow, also it is going to sound different because im pretty sure the APexi catback has a resonator in it, you can get the exhaust shop to put on in there for you but its going to cost a little more

· Registered
12,453 Posts
thank god
do not buy anything off of ebay
9 times out of 10 its not going to fit right and it will sound like ass

as far as getting a shop to do it, they are probably going to crush bend the pipe, which restricts airflow, also it is going to sound different because im pretty sure the APexi catback has a resonator in it, you can get the exhaust shop to put on in there for you but its going to cost a little more
Any good muffler shop will do mandrel bends if you ask them too. You'll have to pay more, but its def. worth it.

If you want a catback, then yes, you need a midpipe between the cat and the muffler. Get any good muffler of your choosing, or even a good flow master from the muffler shop.

· Registered
12,453 Posts
so would you suggest putting in a resonator
does it only make a difference in sound?
basically thats all it will do, give it a deeper tone. BTW, if you delete your cat, your car will be very raspy sounding, or if you put a fart cannon on the end of it.

If it helps here is a vid of my car just kinda cruising around with a Tanebe Medallion system to give you an idea of what that would sound like. I have a vid where I just hammer on it too, I'll see if I can dig that up for you if you want it.

Note, I don't have a cat. and I have a 4-1 header, so its prob. louder than what you'll hear, but it sounds good to me?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.