Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
damn people have no respect for other peoples property these days. i went to school this morning, parked in the structure. 30 min laters my friends calls me telling me that i got punked for my emblem. wtf. i was pissed offf. fucking peoples these days, buy your own shit.

sorry i need to let it out:(

· Registered
324 Posts
If anyone has aftermarket emblems then it'll most likely gonna get jacked.. thats why Iam not gonna spend the 60 or so ought bucks for em cuz some ass is gonna take em anyways, sooner or later.. the funny thing is, I'v seen a civic with a sticker H on where the emblem is suppose to be and I laughed my head off, so damn cheap imo! I guess his emblems have been stolen quite a bit and decided on gettin a sticker instead hehe.

· Registered
3,194 Posts
I've managed to keep my black chrome emblems on for a few months already (crosses fingers and cajones)

yeah but it does suck that folks jack other folks shit. You can mess with me, you can mess with my old lady, worse thing that'll happen is you get your ass kicked, but you mess with a mans car you should have your nards cut off and then their bleeding body put on public display so people can steal parts off of them..

· Registered
313 Posts
Where your emblems stock or aftermarket?

I only had aftermarket emblems when my car had the the crappy stock hubcaps. No one would race me otherwise. :)

Once I got my rims though, I took off the aftermarket badges, and put the stock emblem on the rear while completely removing the front badge. Make the front of the car look a lot cleaner.

· Registered
288 Posts
The same shit happened to me. I got off of work and I saw my car didn't have the back emblems. I was like, "Helll no!". Then I checked my front and saw that those emblems were gone.

For a permanent solution, shave them. That's what I did.:D

· Registered
49 Posts
Solution

Go to a machine shop, or a muffler shop, or anybody who has the ability to weld.

Have 2 FLAT HEAD bolts welded to the back of your emblems. Make sure the bolts will be straight though, AND in the correct position for the stock holes in the trunk/hood.

Make sure the heads of the bolds are as flat as possible.

Also, you could try using JB Weld, a "stronger than steel" welding goo that you buy at automotive stores, so secure the bolts to the back of the Emblem.

Then, put the emblem on, and secure it from behind with a nut on the bold. You may want to use a rubber "washer" or O-Ring to preserve the paint on both sides.

To fill in any gap around the sides of the emblem (depending on the size of the bolt head and/or welds), use "Emblem Adhesive" available at any automotive parts store.

I'll be doing this to both my emblems. Doing the front one at the same time I paint the center grill (since I'll be building a "Touring Car Air Dam", and installing mesh grill gaurds at the same time).
As well as my Mugen emblem on the rear of the drivers side.

Hope this helps.

· Registered
3,194 Posts
yeah if you do it like he said by bolting it down, instead of missing a $20 emblem you can have a few hundred dollars in body damage because they use a screwdriver to pry it off.

I had nothing but the H on for a long time until I got tired of every 4 banger around revving on me, so I put the black chrome ones on from handa. I like them a lot, very unobtrusive.

· Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BNut said:
Where your emblems stock or aftermarket?
it was the aftermarket ones. been meaning to take it off too.

yea i have heard of people putting superglue and shit on their emblems, but they still got it jacked + the paint damaged. so i never really tried to glue it on or bolt it on or anything. its unwise.
youll just have a big paint chip on your car.

where do you guys get it shaved?
shit iam rolling wit two holes on the back haha. fuk it! good thing it dont rain in so.cal. :D

· Registered
3,194 Posts
I went to a few different body shops, and got quotes anywhere from $75 to $300. some said they could just pop the plastic thingies out rough that area up, put some bondo on and then smooth it, and just paint that area. but the majority of places said they'd paint the whole trunk lid again. bleck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.