Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this is a performance question so here goes. I'm new to the Honda community so my knowledge is small at the moment. I have a 91 Civic DX HB 5 speed manual that i'm going to be tuning. I have a few questions on the subject of that.

Now my friend has a CRX with a ZC. It's a badass motor from what i've seen. I was thinking on getting the motor, yet he socked me with "I can't go higher than 200hp cause of the mods".

The question is, would a ZC swap give me a good boost over my stock honda engine? Or would I be better off finding an early GSR motor and tranny?

Now on the intake question. Between Weapon R and Injen what intake would perform the best on a ZC?

Thanks in advance for answering my dumb questions.

· Registered
148 Posts
look at how much you want to spend. people do zc swaps becuase they are cheap and fairly easy to implant. the cost of the motor and parts needed is allot lower then a b16 or b18 motor. the zc will accept your stock tranny where as the b's wont. if you want to spend the money up front go with a b series, if you dont have the cash then get the zc its still alot better then a stock dx motor anyday.

the intake, i wouldnt say either is really any better then the other myself, so take your pick.

cruise through the crx forum and they will give you a run down on the costs and parts for both. zc has been done a thousand times if its been done once and b series have been dont allot too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.