Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got done dissasembling my D15b7 and just finished honing it out. i was going to put low compression pistons in and go forced induction but this would take a few months to pay for. so i decided to put dome tops in and run a better camshaft in there. my question is, i want to put in ZC pistons because they should yeild just a little under 11:1 compression. will this work, i dont want to order the pistons and then find out they won't clear my valves!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know that wiseco makes very good pistons because i have been using them in my bikes for three years. all of my money right now is going into my other car and i need to rebuild this one for cheap. im getting these zc pistons with racing rings for $140. please, no one else give me suggestions i just want know if it will work! i have pleanty of ideas as it is!!!

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
my point was he will not be able to run enough boost for the compression ratio of the stock pistons to be a problem. the rods will pop before he gets to that point...

Also, using wiseco's will require aftermarket rods as well because the stock stuff uses press fit wrist pins.

Also, crower is the only company that offers rods for the d15b7 and they are $600...

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
hobie237 said:
Really????

I've never built a d-series, so I was working based on parts available for the b-series...
Correct. D15b7 has a smaller rod journal and only uses a 134mm rod whereas the d16's use a 137mm rod. So it is a custom rod with extremely low demand.

fastdx87
Look here : http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218226

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
kommon_sense said:
Correct. D15b7 has a smaller rod journal and only uses a 134mm rod whereas the d16's use a 137mm rod. So it is a custom rod with extremely low demand.

fastdx87
Look here : http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218226

Interesting. Makes sense- there arent that many people building d-series motors, when they can just go ahead and get a b-series.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It appears that the original post implies that this motor will be NA due to $ constraints.

I would get a cam spec in mind because depending on how agressive it is it may contribute to interference between the valves and the piston. The piston isn't the only thing that determines valve clearance. Good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.