Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting a greddy turbo kit and running it between 13-15psi. I was looking at a block from JG engine dynamics with all the internals but it seems like overkill since it can handle 30psi. Is it enough to just upgrade the pistons and rods or do I have get the block done up to?

·
Registered
666 Posts
First, do NOT buy from JG. Javier Gutierez is a shaddy crook. They totally screwed up my short block and when I called him about it, his response was 'you are in TX and I am in CA. I know we screwed up, but until I see a lawsuit in CA, I just don't see how that is my problem.' Do you really want to spend money with someone like that?

For 15 psi or less, a block guard is a good idea. Darton sleeves are better, but are probably overkill for what you are doing. Also, get forged pistons, good rings and a stud kit. Head studs at the very least. You are also getting close to the point that o-rings are a good idea. So are rods. Carillo and Crower both make good rods.

With those mods - and good tuning - you should be good for 15 psi.

Good luck with your project.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.