Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i searched for help on how to read engine codes.

it came up with about 100 threads about a plug blue or green under the dash that you jumped with a paper clip. i checked for this plug everywhere couldnt seem to find it. is thier something tricky in the prelude that you have to do?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
never mind i found it.... but i would like to see a picture of what i need to find behind my console.... so i dont pull somehting out and fry something else

·
Registered
864 Posts
Under center console on pass. side floorboard, there's a piece of carpet that comes off. Behind it there's a blue clip sticking on the side of some metal - pull it off. Then you'll see a purple harness clipped on that - pull that off. Then you take the paperclip and stick it in the 2 holes.

Turn the car to ON/ACC so everything turns on but the car. You're CEL will begin flashing, count the number of long flashes and short flashes; then put them together. IE: 7 long and 1 short, code 71. 2 long and 4 short, code 24. Find this out and come back and let us know.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i looked under thier and found this wire wasnt plugged in. so i put the paper clip in it and the cel blinked once. so i plugged it back in and it just stayed on. so i unplugged the wire a second time, put the paper clip in it and then tried again. again it only blinked once. any help would be apreciated.
o ya i plugged the wire back in its spot.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Code 1 is your Primary Heated Oxygen circuit giving a high/low response. More than likely a problem with your PHO2 Sensor either being open or having a short. Need to check the wires, make sure one isn't loose. It is located on the downpipe right before the cat. Have you upgrade your header/downpipe in any way? Any "engine breathing" mods? ie: intake, header, exhaust, tb, im, etc.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i bought the car with a cai header and catback exhaust
i would have to look hard to find out what companies they are

·
Registered
864 Posts
Shouldn't matter the company. More air is going in so more fuel is going in. Could be that it's covered in carbon, but then you'd be throwing a code 61. I'd jack the car up and check the wiring on the sensor, make sure it's OK.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
snackpacks said:
Shouldn't matter the company. More air is going in so more fuel is going in. Could be that it's covered in carbon, but then you'd be throwing a code 61. I'd jack the car up and check the wiring on the sensor, make sure it's OK.
intake/ header/ exhaust doesnt mean more fuel.....the only way to adjust fuel is an adjustable FPR, injectors, a/f controller, and other programs

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ill check the wiring tomorrow and tell you guys what i find. i dont have the manual for the car so whats the best place to jack it up from?
and when im down there anything i should take a look at too, like tie rod ends or antyhign that seems to go on these cars?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and if it isnt a wiring prob how do i get rid of the light so i can pass emissions

1 - 10 of 10 Posts