Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i changed out my b16 cams, for some gsr ones, marked the cams and belt. the only thing i noted was the tensioner was hard to break and loosen, now trying to start the motor the belt jumps. i'd say tensioner of course, so if its that , how hard is it to replace, aswell as how much to have it fixed. also open to any ideas. live in the pasadena area. thanks guys.

·
Registered
141 Posts
on my 95 its pretty straight forward but i am sohc it should be one bolt nad one spring hold it on. anybody correct me if i am wrong please. you made sure your belt was seated properly all the way around, right. as you know, simple stuff will get ya ever time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i did it. today after school i got down to work and determined to get my car running. so i took off the crank pulley and cover behind it, grabed the tensioner pulled it up and tighten it. so that tighten the timing belt put everything back. turned it over and yes so so sweet it turned on. it was worth the bs to get those cams on so happy. and it wasn't that hard. thanks guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.