Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Engine grind noise + AC prob

787 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  spray004 
#1 ·
Car is a 2000 accord EX with 150k miles on it. My knowledge about cars is limited, so keep it so that i can understand.

1st, my engine makes a grinding noise when i accelerate. Kinda hard to describe. I can hear it when idle as well as moving (accelerating). It also feels as if the car isnt as responsive as before, meaning i can feel a decrease in power when i first accelerate, then the car picks up and goes as i hit higher RPMs.

Also, i have white smoke comming out of the AC only if its ON. Any idea what that could be?

Thanks for any help,
William

#3 ·
when was the last time you changed the oil? are you burning any oil? is the grinding noise there all the time? as for the white smoke, does it have an odor?

i dunno about that grinding noise, that would really bother me...better have that checked out.

#6 ·
ubertoast said:
High humidity... Its texas man ;) The smoke has no odor either.

As for rattle:

I changed oil a few days ago. The rattle is there all the time, although the sound isnt constant, you hear it rattle more or less depending on my speed and acceleration.
the rattle coule be the heatshield above the cat. accords are notorious for that rattle between 1500-2000 rpm. next time your under the car just check it out to see if any of those spot welds may have broken loose.

#8 ·
ubertoast said:
Alright, as for the smoke, could it just be water vapor?
does it seem to condense on your windows or dashboard?? i dunno what it could be. :confused
experiment with using the outside air or recycling the inside air of the car. i guess see if that makes any difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.