Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, im finally getting my si. i hope this site is gonna teach me all i need to know. well the question that is really bothering me is that why does a h22 engine produce more power than a b18c1(gsr) and the h22 cost less. could sombody tell me what make the gsr so good?

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
gsr's are easier swaps. sure an h22 may cost less, but the price difference is made up when you have to start buying mounts, axles, etc. needed for the h22 swap. plus there's more aftermarket support for the b series than h.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
take an economics class.....or go look up supply and demand on the internet.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
SiThing said:
hey thank for answering my question. i guess i start saving up for a gsr swap. right now i all ready have 1500 so i guess im half way. thank again. :byye

dont just throw in an aftermarket motor... buy a used one and build the hell out of it (rods, pistons, port& polish, bore, lighter crank, etc) for best results

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have a 2000 si. im still wondering if the motor is a b16 or not. what motor should the 2000 si comes with?? i pretty sure its a b16 but need you guys to varify. if it is a b16 then i will just build that instead of buying a gsr.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.