Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i am planning on getting a civic soon and at first i was planning on putting a B16 or B18 in it from a junkyard but my friend said that he is going to keep his D16 and modify it. Would that be worth putting all the money into the engine modifications? i mean obviously it would be cheaper but how fast could it be? Non turbo i mean

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Hello i am planning on getting a civic soon and at first i was planning on putting a B16 or B18 in it from a junkyard but my friend said that he is going to keep his D16 and modify it. Would that be worth putting all the money into the engine modifications?
No, it would be a money pit. If you kept in NA, it would be a reliable ride and fuel efficient. If you turbo it, you'll want to do it with the right parts that will cost more and you'll want a tune.

i mean obviously it would be cheaper but how fast could it be? Non turbo i mean
Not that much faster in non-turbo form. You'll have a litltle more HP available on the top-end and only a smidge more torque. If you dyno'ed it, it would be a slightly higher powerband. You wouldn't know the difference unless you were track racing the car and you might see a couple seconds more off the lap times.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts