Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I completely stripped my wagon of my turbo and have been running it normal for a few months. Now the engine started idling really high and it revs repeated when placed into park and neutral. It alsor evs forward when coming to a stop. I'm at lost for words on what this could be. I changed all my idle air reg's and the problems still persist.Taken it to a few domestic and honda techs, and these losers know less about my car than a 3 yr old. Any help or insight would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ive owned alot of accords and it usually the idle air control and sometimes the cold air idle(I think that is what is called) They are easy to find and replace. A good way to check which one it is is to take the cover off and hold the the float inside down, if that fixes the problem it is the Idle air. I havent done one in a long time so I hope I didnt screw the name up

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have the same problem...

It will eventualy settle down, and idle. but takes a few minutes, and after a run on the freway, it idles up to about 1500, then drops then back to 1500. I blip the throttle, and wait like 2 minutes, and its back to 750...
I found this site. http://www.d-a-p.com/askus.htm

according to them, its the MAP, ot YThrottle position sensor if it does it when warm. I will try taking some of that shit appart for testing , and post results here...

·
Registered
682 Posts
good luck bro....

·
Registered
478 Posts
FIXED!!!

Being LAZY, I really didnt want to rip off the throttle body, and intake. So I managed to get a 12mm wrench behind the IAC valve, and losened it up, pushed it back twards the firewall (this is really tight on a 5th gen) and noticed there was a screen on the hole that goes closeset to the throttle body. The screen was black when I started, and I sprayed plenty of throttle-body cleaner in there, and when I was done, the screen was a nice shiny stanless steel looking silver. Anyway way after cleaning everything in the area, and the throttle body itself, I put it back together and when I fired it up, the idle was much lower than it had been before. So I warmed up the car, and re-ajusted the idle, and WOW it idles like a new car agian! THANKS for all of the info!!! Couldnt have done without this Bulletin board!!! You guys saved me some serious $$$$!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it

It seems that both the idle regulators have to be changed at the same time, because I changed one and then the other, but the problem persisted. I changed them both yesterday and now it dile fine, and I have gotten my normal 700 idle back. And it no longer revs up on its own. Thanks so much for everyones feedback. Saved me a ton of time, and a wad of cash. :byye

1 - 8 of 8 Posts