Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well since my oil return line got pinched shut i have since fixed the turbo when the seals went. and now i am back together, but my car is running like total shit. it feels as if it is on 3 cylinders and it sounds that way too. but when i let off of the gas i canhear all four. its hesatating sooo bad could i have messed something up? the car is almost making no power. im guessing the plugs or something but i havent any idea???? also when i give it gas to accelereate it just seems like its not getting anypower. i havent tryed to boost like this. this is all running around in vacuum. anyone have any suggestions? :confused
im about ready to set it on fire!... :mad

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
have you tried pulling the plugs to see what they look like? look at the easy stuff first

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
did you clean all that oil that was in your intercooler pipes/intake manifold/spark plugs...etc???

·
Mowing ur Mom's lawn
2,885 Posts
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
did you clean all that oil that was in your intercooler pipes/intake manifold/spark plugs...etc???
i'd deff check for oil in all that shit, if your engine is eating oil it's not gonna like it and hesitate

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Check spark plugs and the wires and make sure theyre npot crossed. Also u may wanna check to see if its leaking boost from somewhere. I recently had to remove my upper intercooler pipe to do my rear mount and when it got put back together.....the motor sounded and ran like shit under boost. Turns out that i was leaking boost from my BOV flange (screw on HKS was not on tight).
BOV flange was tightened with tef tape and the power is back!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup it was a plug.... so now how should i go about cleaning the intercooler?
lota of oil everywhere

·
Registered
255 Posts
i had oil in my intercooler i just used some gas and threw it in there and shook it around cleaned it all out. Won't hurt it.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
reynosop21 said:
see told you it was the wire plugs
close but not quite :D
it was a plug that was bad and nothing wrong with the wires

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
egvtec said:
yup it was a plug.... so now how should i go about cleaning the intercooler?
lota of oil everywhere
Spray some brake cleaner in there and u should be good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts