Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1997 civic 16sr vtec has lost power over the last few months, now i`ve got yellow waring light on checked alarm code (it`s code 41) oxegen sensor would these cause the problems i`m having

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
russ123 said:
My 1997 civic 16sr vtec has lost power over the last few months, now i`ve got yellow waring light on checked alarm code (it`s code 41) oxegen sensor would these cause the problems i`m having

Yes.
Also does your car idle fine? No rough idle? If it does have a rough idle, it could be a vac leak thats causing the O2 sensor to through a code.

·
Registered
173 Posts
spray004 said:
Yes.
Also does your car idle fine? No rough idle? If it does have a rough idle, it could be a vac leak thats causing the O2 sensor to through a code.
could also be that the o2 sensor is bad.
if the pre-cat o2 sensor is bad, then that can cause some mixture problems right?

that is, if the car has two o2 sensors.

feel free to shoot me down, but after some searching this is what i came up with.

spray is right, though, check the vacuum lines first, then look into the o2 sensor. o2 sensor is more expensive than a loose hose. :rolleyes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.