Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if uve ever read any of my other posts, i have a 2000 gsr and im gunna put the rev hard kit on it........im nto gunna use the FMU they give you, im goign with the hondata, what else do i need for the hondata? any more things i should get or just the hondata system itself??

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
i dont see why u goin to spend some large on a turbo but wont go all out on gettin the best management, hondata is good, but maybe wouldnt it more beneficial if u got a standalone like aem ems? no matter how good hondata is, a whole standalone is better, control over everythin..my .02, just wondering.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
tienlude said:
i dont see why u goin to spend some large on a turbo but wont go all out on gettin the best management, hondata is good, but maybe wouldnt it more beneficial if u got a standalone like aem ems? no matter how good hondata is, a whole standalone is better, control over everythin..my .02, just wondering.

$465 vs $1,600 for something that is fully capable of tuning your motor.
Just my .00199 cents...

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
tienlude said:
Do you have tuning experience with standalones? If not then dont make statements like that. Hondata has its quarks, yes. So does all other Standalones. ESP AEM.
However, IMO, Hondata works very well becuase its based of Honda ECU's. Basemaps are easier. Cost is alot better if you dont need the tuning software. It gives consumers a choice and packages. So they can spend $250-1000 depending on what they want. Even with all the add ons, its cheaper then AEM.

And Honestly if you wanna play the well if your spending the money n a decent turbo kit game. . . why not point out well why not build the motor too and upgrade all the crap from that kit to make some real power.
Its a bolton kit to a stock motor.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so what r u sayin?? right now im lookin for the daily driver with bad ass power, for what it is, and ive told u all im doing is throwing on the rev hard kit, and keeping it at 7 psi, my questions are more based on the engine management, cuz im not gunann use the FMU.....goin with hondata...so i need the hondata, a 94-95 gsr ecu and the harness, correct?

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
b16ahybrid said:
$465 vs $1,600 for something that is fully capable of tuning your motor.
Just my .00199 cents...

i'm with b16ahybrid here... in the miata i went with a pretty expensive ecu that is fully tuneable to tailor my performance and such to my needs.....

better than anything generic i could get...

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Snoopy said:
when you add the cost of having to convert to obd1 for hondata, the prices start to get more comparable.

$100 for p-28 ecu
$150 obd-1 to obd-2 conversion harness.

I'm not trying to shoot down your idea, it's great for a fully built motor but hondata is more then capable in his situation and most built street cars. I have about $1,100 into mu engine management that includes
Hondata S100 w/boost
756cc injectors
and tuning.... thats still about $500 less then aem's set-up without tuning or injectors....there's whats called "practical" and there's whats called "overkill" for his stock motor i'm going to say that aem is overkill.

·
Registered
510 Posts
tienlude said:
every system has their issues including Hondata, AEM, Haltech, MoTeC, etc. it mostly depends on the tuner as to how good your car is going to run. look around and do some homework before you make statements that you can't back up.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
playahwitgame said:
now do i need a obd1 p28, or p72?? and where can i get 1 for 100 bucks?
If ur gonna go hondata jus get the hondata p28. Its $175 and u can be sure it works and it will already be chipped......unlike buying some random p28 that might not work right.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.