Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i accelerate it feels like my engine is missing...the problem goes away if i turn my car off then back on...but only for a little bit. Sometimes it will run fine for a couple days and then it will act up again...need help .......maybe ecu bad??

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Could be a number of different things, fuel problem, ignition problem, vac leak. You need to start trouble shooting the problem so that you can narrow down the list of possible causes.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
^^^what he said. if your still having problems just take it in to a mechanic have them take a look

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when i say missing i mean on a cylinder. like one cylinder isnt firing. but it only happens intermittently. its fine today so far...but later it might start acting up so its not a vacuum leak or anything like that....it has a full tune up...new fuel filter.took injectors out and cleaned them and they all work fine...im thinking ecu is possibly messed up..but i dont know thats why im asking for some input

and theres no way ill take it to a mechanic....whats the fun in that

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
suede93civic said:
when i say missing i mean on a cylinder. like one cylinder isnt firing. but it only happens intermittently. its fine today so far...but later it might start acting up so its not a vacuum leak or anything like that....it has a full tune up...new fuel filter.took injectors out and cleaned them and they all work fine...im thinking ecu is possibly messed up..but i dont know thats why im asking for some input

and theres no way ill take it to a mechanic....whats the fun in that

How do you know its only one cylinder miss firing? If so it could be a bad fuel injector, a bad plug, a bad plug wire. I seriously doubt its the ECU. First you need to determine if its one cylinder or all cylinders.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.