Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need help trying to figure this out. last night i was in my neighborhood parking my car. i went to make a u turn, it turned into a 3 pt turn. when i finally got enough room to go again, i was slowly releasing the clutch and i hear this moan from the engine, then the car died. when i try to start, it cranks but it doesnt pick up. i try again and same thing. no CEL coming on. since the car was still rolling a little, i roll it off to the side of the road. stop the car completly, then try a start, first time its starts like nothing happens. what could that moan be from?

another case when this happened...my bros integ had a bad IACV and his idle was at 2500. his friend and i were on a slight slope and were rolling backwards at about 5-10 mph. he released the clutch slowly with out any gas or brake (stupid i know...) the car slowly decelerates and then it makes that moaning sound and the engine shut off too. basically same as the first paragraph
any help on this much appreciated, thanks
quikflip

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats what i was trying to figure out, it like i was giveing it gas, but the power wouldnt get to the wheels. it just made the moan louder
quikflip
thanks for the help guys, your input is appreciated

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
G2IntegraGS-R said:
If anything it sound like a power steering problem to me. Timing or the clutch? I dont think so.
not to be rude, but how did you come to that conclusion? apparently its when the car is slowly going in reverse then you try to make it go foward
quikflip

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
G2IntegraGS-R said:
If anything it sound like a power steering problem to me. Timing or the clutch? I dont think so.
If it were a power steering problem, he wouldnt have a problem starting it. It died on him and wouldnt start again. Power steering wouldnt ever cause this, unless youre running cement as power steering fluid.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
quikflip27 said:
not to be rude, but how did you come to that conclusion? apparently its when the car is slowly going in reverse then you try to make it go foward
quikflip
maybe b/c you mentioned it happened while trying to do a 3 pt turn? Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
quikflip27 said:
not yet, heres the stupid question of the day, how do i check timing? :bash there i said it
quikflip
i think you like seeing how i have to ask this... :bash
since i dont know which timing you are talking about (cuz im dumb like that) ignition is 16 degrees, since its stock and i still have a sticker on it that shows that it hasnt been moved, the sticker has some honda stuff so im pretty sure its official
quikflip
thanks guys and girls for the help BTW

·
Registered
275 Posts
quikflip27 said:
i think you like seeing how i have to ask this... :bash
since i dont know which timing you are talking about (cuz im dumb like that) ignition is 16 degrees, since its stock and i still have a sticker on it that shows that it hasnt been moved, the sticker has some honda stuff so im pretty sure its official
quikflip
thanks guys and girls for the help BTW

lol, if u dont know about timing, i recommend u take it to a shop and let them check it. You can always try doing it ur self..but u can end up bending valves if u do it incorrectly, and then try to drive it. A local mech should be able to check and adjust it fairly cheap.

p.s.
its not about being dumb...read up on it..we all started there. :D

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so which timing am i suppose to check, its not that i dont know about it, its just timing is soo vague...ignition...intake...exhaust :confused im guessing ignition, but now that you brought up bending a valve...you cant really bend a valve because of ignition timing...this is where im lost. ty for the help again
quikflip

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.