Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to buy honda civic and modify it to get 400 whp.

Will you please help me to get the right engine B16, 18 or K20 can you list them from best to worst.

and what should i start with turbocharging or other parts.

rgards

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
why 400whp? is that just a goal you set for yourself or is there a reason?

and realistically you won't get there without the car being impossible to drive on the street.

but you can get a b18c# gsr my preferrence, get crower stage 3 turbo cams, valves, valve springs, retainers, JE pistons, eagle rods, arp head studs, port and polished head and portmatched IM with bored t/b, 3" exhaust, no cat, T3/T4 turbo thing(don't know the specs off the top of my head), using AEM standalone system to tune to the very last detail, some racing or high load capacity clutch and pressure plate with a 6lb flywheel, and a block guard (don't know much about it but its sounds nice huh?) then dyno tune and you should be close.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
forum stickies will help you out. Each engine has its pros and cons. To make serious power, you would want to go with the K20, build it, and boost it. Or as mentioned below, the GSR built and boosted could reach 400 easily.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
98civcEK said:
only reason i said gsr cause i don't think anyone makes the piping that would make the turbo on the k20 in a civic very easy.
haha or anything on a K20 swap easy. But if anyone would go with the K20, they would most likely have a shop do it and they could custom make all the piping. If they could do it themselves, they should be competent enough to cut and weld piping.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
tiny_creature said:
So what is the maximum boost to be used safely on stock B18 engine.
There is a guy on SHO making 500whp on a stock tuned GSR engine, but he is just trying to see how far he can go before it explodes. Don't go past 300 on stock sleeves, let alone stock rods and pistons.

It's cheaper to make a reliable 400hp B than a reliable 400hp K, so leave the K out of the question.

·
Registered
47 Posts
if u got the money to dish out and i mean a lot of money then a b18, let's take the gsr for example, can go up as high as 700 or even more (full-race.com did theirs with 717 whp :eek )...but that means ur engine is going to be built from top to bottom with forged pistons, titanium retainers, valves, cams, etc then u have to worry about the turbo and turbo parts etc...basically money will be ur limit, u want it to be fast but ur gonna want it to be reliable as well and that's not cheap

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
400 is reliable daily if its tuned right and not run to redline every gear

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.