Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just bought a 5 spd Prelude. My friend told me to warm it up in the morning your should put the car in first gear and just let go of the clutch really fast without pushing the gas. There is a violent shaking when I do that and then the car just shuts off. After a week of doing this, I can't even put the car in any gear. My friend said that I may be out of clutch fluid but the fluid is fine. Can anyone help?

Thank you!

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Blaznh22 said:
wtf!!! :wow ur friend is a dumbass, i think he was fucking around, and why did u listen..to warm a car, any car just start the damn thing and let it sit....
yeah in the winter the car should only sit for like 30 seconds just to get the coolant and oil flowing. After that just drive it like a normal 5 speed.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Your friend is.... :nuts

You didn't think that it was AT ALL abnormal when your car makes a loud BANG and lurches forward? You KEPT DOING IT!?

Dude... read your owners manual before getting in it again... cover to cover.

~Peace

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
expierence97 said:
haha, wow, that is the single stupidest thing i've heard.
Besides blinker fluid and the 710 cap... haha

~Peace

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
snackpacks said:
My headlight fluid is low and Honda wants almost $150 to drain, flush the system and fill it back up :mad
Man... you're lucky! My blinker fluid ran out and fried the pump... Now I need a new blinker fluid pump! $760 from Honda installed!

~Peace

P.S. -- :lmao

·
Registered
864 Posts
Pump should be OK, from what I've heard, Honda makes the best blinker pumps. KaleCo sells Blinker Fluid for $5.50 a bottle, better than the other top brands. Due to their higher viscosity, it will rejuvenate the flash synchros and give you more blinks for your buck!

·
Registered
808 Posts
wow...i'm sorry but your friend is a dumbass. and wtf were you thinking when you kept doing this...please tell me you've own a car before :confused

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
GreenLude00 said:
:eek come on dude!!! are you serious... kill that fucking, brilliant friend you have. :kick
:hehe

there's no point to warm the car up in gear...it's just a great way to kill ur car...eventually, u did kill ur car...usually people just let the car sit idly to warm up to the operational temperature...

·
Registered
544 Posts
98Vtec said:
yeah in the winter the car should only sit for like 30 seconds just to get the coolant and oil flowing. After that just drive it like a normal 5 speed.
30 secs seems too soon. For 5sp, i usually let it sit till it's ready and when it's ready the rev will drop to idle position...usually 1-2min depending on how cold the engine is.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
jus_pa said:
30 secs seems too soon. For 5sp, i usually let it sit till it's ready and when it's ready the rev will drop to idle position...usually 1-2min depending on how cold the engine is.
:nod Same here...

IHIPrelude94 said:
Man... you're lucky! My blinker fluid ran out and fried the pump... Now I need a new blinker fluid pump! $760 from Honda installed!
^"Blinker fluid" what the hell are you guys talking about? :confused Are you guys J/k?

·
Registered
864 Posts
^^^ No kidding.
I bought some OE Blinker Fluid a while back from Honda, $10.99 a bottle. That stuff didn't last long. Then I tried some STP, a little better, but my blinks were not up to my likings. Then I found the KaleCo blinker fluid, and wow! Cheapest price and best quality product :tu And it lasts a long time.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
snackpacks said:
^^^ No kidding.
I bought some OE Blinker Fluid a while back from Honda, $10.99 a bottle. That stuff didn't last long. Then I tried some STP, a little better, but my blinks were not up to my likings. Then I found the KaleCo blinker fluid, and wow! Cheapest price and best quality product :tu And it lasts a long time.

OMG! I pay $15.99 a bottle at our local Honda Dealership! What a rip off...

My blinkers are starting to slow down... I better check the resevoir again to make sure I don't burn up my pump like I did before. Maybe I'm burning blinker fluid... Possible?

~Peace

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.