Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i had just recently put a magnaflow cat back exhaust on my car, like a month ago, and i never got around to re- setting my ecu until tonight. i did everything right , disconected the - terminal and let it sit for 5 min then i let it run till it got to its normal running temp. then i turned it off and waited a few hours till i drove it again, after i did this as i come to a stop my engine feels like its bogging down, kinda like im trying to take off in 3rd, does anyone know what could be wrong? is it electrical or and engine thing. i need some help, if the engines bad its no bggie im getting a new one but iff anyone knows what wrond itd be great.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Trust me nothings wrong. My car does the same thing if i reset the ecu. I don't know exactly what it is doing when it does the sputtering but it will go away in a few days. Unless you engine light comes on and stays on when it does this you'll be fine.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
98civcEK said:
Trust me nothings wrong. My car does the same thing if i reset the ecu. I don't know exactly what it is doing when it does the sputtering but it will go away in a few days. Unless you engine light comes on and stays on when it does this you'll be fine.

i've heard this before, that it sputters and then goes away... i think the ecu has to redo the fuel maps and stuff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.