Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last nite I hopped in the car to catch the game and my neighbor asked why my engine was screamin.... okay no oil, bone dry. He gave me a qt of 10w30 to put in but I stayed home b/c a t-storm hit while we were tightenin down my sway bar. This a.m. I drove to work and tryin to manuever in rush hour my car would not go past 4,000 RPMS in any reasonable gear w. my foot all the way to the floor.

Can anyone offer a suggestion to the cause of this effect? I've been using castrol synthetic in my car since June/July. I'm hoping to get an oil change tonite or first thing in the a.m.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Sirfallsalot243 said:
If it was bone dry on oil, chances are youve done some major damage.
Yeah, i've heard of some horror stories on about that......dude, how could u let your oil run out????????????????? :noo

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
you ran your car without oil and now you're wondering why it's messed up? :confused then you're flooring it with one quart in the pan and you expect what? vtec? :confused :confused :confused :confused :confused :confused this is hardly an issue.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
flyracerx said:
you ran your car without oil and now you're wondering why it's messed up? :confused then you're flooring it with one quart in the pan and you expect what? vtec? :confused :confused :confused :confused :confused :confused this is hardly an issue.
LMAO, I really didnt notice that he was flooring it with a qt of oil.

·
Registered
69 Posts
hey they are right that no motor oil can really hurt you car but i did that once i felt a huge hp loss. but nothing major happen i even floor gas a couple of times taking it to red line(not knowing that my oil was very very low) well after i found out maybe i might have hurt my car a bit, but like acspeedrcr said hondas run forever just do a oil change you should be fine (i hope)

hope everything goes fine wid your car

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.