I need some help!
Let me tell you my story,
I got a 96 integra rs b18b with 96 000 clicks on it
about 2 months ago I installed a Jackson Racing supercharger
I always do my oil changes and I always check all my fluids
car is running A1
until....
I went fishing and left the car home for three days
when I came back the next morning the car started but it felt slightly rough on the start, but it started. Drove it the whole day no problems. At night I parked the car in my drive way and chilled at home for a while.
About 6 hours later I went to start the car and it wasn't starting, it was kinda like a lawnmower that chokes, like the engine starts but no gaz going to it.
I pumped the gaz a few times till it started (first time this happens to me).
Car was very weak on idle and felt like it was going to choke. I drove around the block and it didn't feel right. I parked the car in my garage and let it rest for half an hour.
When I went back to it, the car didn't start again. I thought maybe it needed a boost. Soon as I put the booster cables on it (connected to my fathers car), I turned the key and it seized!!
Does anyone know what could have happened???
I took it to my mechanic on tuesday but he doesn't have time to look at it till monday. What worries me, is that he has no idea what it could be!
Has anyone experienced something similar??? does anyone have an explanation that I can maybe suggest to my mechanic???

Thanx guys!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
xdannyx25 said:
-low compression
can you give me abit more details???
I'm not sure how it could seize because the compression is low, if you don't mind just explaining it to me.
And in your opinion, do you think I damaged anything???
I don't think so because I wasn't moving, just trying to start it.

#6 ·
xdannyx25 said:
-all the problems you said lead me to say low compression

-take out your spark plugs and describe what they look like
Actually it sounds a heck of a lot like his engine seized up with a lot of gas in the combustion chamber.

but taking the spark plug out and peeping in is a pretty good idea to find out. It would have gasoline in there from the constant gas pedaling that you did to try and start it.

#7 ·
female four said:
Actuaslly it sounds a heck of a lot like his engine seized up with a lot of gas in the combustion chamber.

but taking the spark plug out and peeping in is a pretty good idea to find out. It would have gasoline in there from the constant gas pedaling that you did to try and start it.
That^^^ or if your head gasket is starting to go they can hydrolock from coolant in the cylinders when the car sits. x3 on taking out the plugs to see what they look like, and cranking it without them in the head to make sure your cylinders are not full of liquid.
On a side note when you hook jumper cables up that is just if the car won't cranks due to a low or dead battery if you get the car started and the battery light isn't on then jumper cables are not doing anything for you. I thought I would throw that in there for future reference :)

#8 ·
I would love to have the car in my possesion to take a look at the spark plugs. Monday morning I'll pass by my mechanics place and help him out and I look for what you guys suggested.
-low compression
-flooded (with gaz)
-head gasket
I'll keep you guys posted!
anyone else any suggestions???

#9 ·
ATISTANG said:
That^^^ or if your head gasket is starting to go they can hydrolock from coolant in the cylinders when the car sits. x3 on taking out the plugs to see what they look like, and cranking it without them in the head to make sure your cylinders are not full of liquid.
On a side note when you hook jumper cables up that is just if the car won't cranks due to a low or dead battery if you get the car started and the battery light isn't on then jumper cables are not doing anything for you. I thought I would throw that in there for future reference :)
how do you crank the enigne without the spark plugs in there, and still be able to observe the inside of the engine?

#17 ·
solgrl said:
With 96000 on it you could be looking at a broken timing belt.
Was that 96k miles or kilometers?
96 000 kilometers

timing belt and water pump was changed at 91 000 kilometers.

when I say I maintained the car, I really meant it.
Anyways tomorow will be day one of the investigation to find out what happened. I'll keep you guys posted!!!!!

#18 ·
I got my ar back yesterday!!!
Ok the car had seized because it was full of gas in the engine!!!
When they brought the car in, they tried turning the crank and it turned, compared to day one that I brought it where it didn't move at all.
They lifted the car open the oil screw, and gas came flying out like crzay!!!
They called it a geizer!!

My mechanic says that nothing should have happened to the engine, but I should keep it low for a while and keep checking it's oil.
He's hoping the rings are still ok and that I didn't start to burn oil.
He suggests at 200km I check the oil, than at an extra 300km check it again then an extra 400 and so on. At 1000km I should do another oil change (by the way they did 2 oil changes at the shop to try and get the gas out as much as possible)
What happened was the B&M FPR blew and it was just dumping gas in the engine. Even the intake had gas in it. I was lucky the car didn't start!!

Lesson of the day: "When people say B&M FPR is SHIT, trust them!!!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.