Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys this post is for a question regarding on your cars? my rpm dips dangerously low on idle if i gas it and let go under the 700 range.and stalls like that ...on idle~! so wondering if any1 knows the solution to this problem

·
Registered
35 Posts
Could be a few things. Are u getting a CEL?
Check ur plugs and wires and distributor
fuel filter and pump and injectors and fuel pressure
could be fast idle control valve (what is ur rpm at idle)
check ur vacuum lines
oil pressure
If none of this works do a compression test and if thats the problem and leakdown test to find out where ur losing compression.
Probably missing more stuff, but I hope this points u in the right direction.

I had this same problem and it ended up being my plugs/wires/rotor.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
nbtscents said:
hi guys this post is for a question regarding on your cars? my rpm dips dangerously low on idle if i gas it and let go under the 700 range.and stalls like that ...on idle~! so wondering if any1 knows the solution to this problem
sounds like the same problem I've been trying to figure out for like a year. it's irritating. if you ever figure it out, lemme know. I'd love to have a solution to this one.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Mine just idles very low near 500rpms. I have a CEL the code is P301 Cyl 1 miss fire. I have not yet figured out what to replace, plugs, wires, cap and rotor all look good for its age.

·
Registered
234 Posts
sorry to bring this back from the dead, but have you figured anything out yet? my car idles at 500 when warm. at a stop, while turning the wheel, the rpm drops even lower (because of the power steering?) which makes the car stumble, but the rpm will pick up again. it's pretty annoying. my friend told me to check my intake (aem cold air) to see if it's dirty, but i don't know if that's the cause.

also, when i let off the gas, and the rpm drops to within ~2000-1000, it makes a little rattling noise. think there's any connection?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts