Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been working on my swap lately, i just got the b18b out today, about an hour ago. its hanging on the cherry picker right now, and i have an engine stand waiting for it. my question is where do i bolt the stand too? and which bolts do i use?
thanks
quikflip

·
Registered
56 Posts
:wow i cant belive someone would ask that! first off let me say if you haven't ever done this before then don't... let someone show you how to biuld an engine... common sense tells you that it doesnt bolt to the oil pan, exhaust manifold, valve cover, or the timing cover... only thing left is the back of the engine where the tranny bolts to. As for the bolts... common sense again... timing cover, oil pan, exhaust manifold, intake, and the valve cover bolts wont fit either because they are nuts or they are too short use tranny bolts they are the only thing that will fit... AGAIN... if you have never done this before then dont do it you will screw up a good motor! :bash

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, i was asking for advice, not to be flamed. i know that it has to be bolted to the side of the engine, just didnt know if it was on the timeing side or tranny side. why do you be prejudice that because i ask that one question, you think i dont know what im doing. you honestly sound like a 12 year old trying to get a telling point somewhere.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
del Slo said:
:wow i cant belive someone would ask that! first off let me say if you haven't ever done this before then don't... let someone show you how to biuld an engine... common sense tells you that it doesnt bolt to the oil pan, exhaust manifold, valve cover, or the timing cover... only thing left is the back of the engine where the tranny bolts to. As for the bolts... common sense again... timing cover, oil pan, exhaust manifold, intake, and the valve cover bolts wont fit either because they are nuts or they are too short use tranny bolts they are the only thing that will fit... AGAIN... if you have never done this before then dont do it you will screw up a good motor! :bash
Yeah, whats your problem dude? He asked on here BECAUSE he didnt want to screw up a good motor. Rather than flame him, how about you share some useful knowledge and help him the fuck out?

God, people are such TOOLS.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
del Slo said:
Dude, calm the fuck down!

Use the bolts from the tranny ont eh tranny side to hold the engine up. Have fun and make sure you triple check everything you do!

·
Registered
56 Posts
quikflip27 said:
i know that it has to be bolted to the side of the engine, just didnt know if it was on the timeing side or tranny side.
THE TIMING SIDE! The timing cover bolts are at best 6mm wide and 10mm long... how are they going to hold a 300lbs motor on an engine stand? Most of the stands I work with have only 4 brackets holding the motor up... IF HE CANT BOLT 4 TRANNY BOLTS TO AN ENGINE STAND HE SHOULDN'T TOUCH THE INTERALS OF ANY ENGINE!

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
del Slo said:
THE TIMING SIDE! The timing cover bolts are at best 6mm wide and 10mm long... how are they going to hold a 300lbs motor on an engine stand? Most of the stands I work with have only 4 brackets holding the motor up... IF HE CANT BOLT 4 TRANNY BOLTS TO AN ENGINE STAND HE SHOULDN'T TOUCH THE INTERALS OF ANY ENGINE!
I say a group lynching of neg reps are in order for this assclown. :mad :td

quickflip, dont hesitate to ask questions that you cant find answers to, and dont let this ass keep you from doing so. Were here to help, so if you get stuck during the build, post away.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
del Slo said:
What the hell is your problem? So what if he doesn't know how to put the engine on the stand. He is learning. He'll never know how to do any of this stuff if he doesn't try. How do you know he doesn't have a buddy coming to help out or a good shop manual to guide him through this. I guess you were born knowing everything there is to know abotu Honda's....
You seem to have some anger management problems, why do you go seek professional help. Either that or STFU!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am very clam... but i have learn to spot people who shouldnt touch an engine with out help. Me personally I had a friend help me with my first engine build... that is all im saying... And yes all though auto tech in college it was very simple for me to grasp... I have great book knowlegde but i dont have much experience. I just cant understand why some one would think that 4 timing cover bolts could hold a 300 lb engine up... But to you quickflip, sorry if i came off harsh... but please take my advice and have a friend that knows how to build an engine help you...

·
Registered
611 Posts
Damn.. Let it go. He asked a question, answer it and leave it be. Like someone said, he's learning.. If you dont know how to do something, you ask someone who does know, and you learn. But that doesnt require someone flaming you and making you feel like a cack. Try to be patient with others who aren't as 'qualified' as you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.